The Franceule wheat mill, and mill, currently plant products for animal feed, French Heritage monument to Janze
The site consists of several buildings set around a courtyard. The plant includes two body backed corresponding to two old mills. The most important, built in schist, has a basement floor, a ground floor and three floors square drilled low arc bays framed by brick. Its high, elevated part brick, is covered with a roof long sided slate surmounted by a lantern. It is flanked by the building of machinery, shed, covered with a sheet weatherboarding, which rises the brick factory chimney. The second mill has a basement floor, a ground floor, a square floor and a floor of additional height. At its end, it houses the impeller hydraulic still in place. The Office consists of a ground floor and a covered top of a rump mechanical tile roof pierced stage, on one of its slopes, a creeping Dormer
* on the other side, a second Dormer is surmounted by a decorative Ridge spur, a ceramic cat. On the other side of the Court stand the industrial warehouse coated and covered by a roof long half-timbered and silos. The patronal House, of rectangular plan, includes a floor covered in addition of a roof long wrench to drain rolled up slate. While the ground floor is built in schist, the floor more and edged Gables a slate canopy, bear décor in Hayes wood coating pan. Three of the four busy Windows of the last level of the front facade are topped by small conical roofs. The Franceule mill is mentioned in 1791, but it earlier dating. In 1791, it was bought by the former major of infantry Lamy. In 1825, Mr. Lacire asked permission to establish a new mill wheat below other mills of the Franceule. In 1866, several petitions, set against the mill hydraulic system, are part of various damage that causes its water retention, to properties bordering the cuttlefish. In 1869, mills, owned by Pierre Lacire, idle four to five months of the year due to lack of water. In 1869, they are regulated by prefectoral Decree. In 1881, P. Laka is authorized to reconstruct his winnowing of discharge that has existed since 1791. It therefore consists of seven valves. In 1936, the maximum daily crushing capacity rises on 55 q of wheat. The mill ceased to operate in 1995. Today, the owner, Mr. Lacire, operates the site products for animal feed plant.In 1820, mention of two water wheels: a very old inside the building of water and one newly established outside. In 1869, the hydraulic wheels measure 1, 50 m wide. In 1911, mention of a T-shape tubular steam boiler from manufacturer Lebrun and Cormerais, Nantes (44). It has a surface of heating of 26 m2 and is stamped 9 kg. In 1936, the driving force is distributed by a waterwheel which develops 15 to 20 ch, supplemented by a gas engine poor, Winterthur, with a capacity of 28 to 30 c. The same year, grinding equipment consists of four-cylinder, of two converters, a plansifters, a round sifter, and a hexagonal sifter mill. The mechanism, different machines, as well as the vertical waterwheel are still in place.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
the Franceule wheat mill, and mill, currently plant products for animal feed, The site consists of several buildings set around a courtyard. The plant includes two body backed corresponding to two old mills. The most important, built in (...) The Franceule wheat mill, and mill, currently plant products for animal feed, French Heritage monument to Janze janze, ille et vilaine
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.