Tide mill, then Qazanfari mill, French Heritage monument to St jouan des guerets

The maritime landscape of the mill consists of a dam curve measuring 450 m long and a pond of restraint with an area of 2.5 ha. The mill was built in schist and includes two aligned building body, contrefortes at the base. It has three floors square and a floor of covered peak of a roof long half-timbered with slate. Basement vaults in cradle designed to accommodate the wheel and turbine hydraulic. The boiler room, located between the two mills, has a square and a peak stage. Factory brick chimney. Employer housing is nearby. Mill wheat mentioned in 1806. CA. 1887, construction of a second mill in the extension of the first. In 1898, the owner, Prosper Dagorne, constructed a building for a steam engine. In 1919, the mill crushed 3 133 q of wheat per day. It ceases to function on 1 January 1925. Currently, the mill is used as a dependency of a farm.In 1839, the moulin de Qazanfari is activated by two water wheels. A turbine is installed as early as 1890. Steam attested in 1903: in 1909, it consists of a semi-tubular two boilers boiler built by the company Lebrun and Cormerais de Nantes (44). It has a capacity of 9, 516 m3 and a 72 m2 heating surface. In 1919, the tide mill has tidal energy and thermal energy. The hydraulic turbine is still in place.In 1886, he employs four workers and two man? works
* in 1924: eight workers.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

tide mill, then Qazanfari mill
Crédit photo : (tide mill, then Qazanfari mill, st jouan des guerets)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

tide mill, then Qazanfari mill, The maritime landscape of the mill consists of a dam curve measuring 450 m long and a pond of restraint with an area of 2.5 ha. The mill was built in schist (...) Tide mill, then Qazanfari mill, French Heritage monument to St jouan des guerets st jouan des guerets, ille et vilaine

Location and general information

  • identifier : 60806
  • item : moulin à marée, puis minoterie de Quinard
  • Location of the building :
    • Bretagne
    • Ille-et-Vilaine
    • Saint-Jouan-des-Guérets
  • Place name : Quinard
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 35284
  • Zip code of the municipality : 35430
  • Order in the communal list : 3
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 3 names :
    • mill
    • Grist Mill
    • mill
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1898
  • Investigation : 1998
  • Date taken into account : 2001/05/11

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 2 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • schist
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 2 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 3 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • floor height
    • 3-storey square
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • The only information on the typology 'mill called the American plan extended with at least two stages squares (type d1)'
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'regular rectangular'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 11 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • basin
    • housing
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • housing employers
    • plant
    • shelter
    • boiler room
    • impoundment
    • dam
    • fireplace
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Gasnier Marina
  • Mérimée reference : IA35000450

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de pierre bastien est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Tide mill, then Qazanfari mill, French Heritage monument to St jouan des guerets. Picture of pierre bastien
moulin à marée, puis minoterie de Quinard, st jouan des guerets

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.