Factory of shoes of the Longueraie, currently House, French Heritage monument to Vitre
Institution composed of three independent buildings: Workshop manufacturing plan rectangular, located between the patronal House and foreman housing. Manufacturing workshop, built in schist and drilled low arc bays framed by brick, has a covered square floor of a rump slate roof. The foreman housing, also in shale, has a square and a peak stage. It includes two contiguous building body covered regardless of two everything slate roofs. The management of L-shaped plan, built dwelling in the same materials, a basement, a ground floor raised served on the front facade, by a double volley to converging climbs, a square floor staircase and a floor height. It is covered with a roof Pavilion slate for the main body and a roof at everything cross body, cover adorned with spikes of Ridge. Each facade is rhythmic, vertically, by one or two spans of bays, arches to the last level, and horizontally by banners that highlight the different levels. Shoe factory founded around 1878 by Angel-Dominique Lambert. By judgment of 20 September 1898, the Court of first instance of Windows said a.. Lambert in a State of liquidation. After obtaining an arrangement pursuant to which a.. Lambert has pledged to repay its creditors, the liquidation is suspended. However, as a result of the commercial crisis that has plagued the footwear trade and many losses that he experienced, he is forced to suspend payments where a new liquidation on June 11, 1902 and then a third on 5 August 1903. Lawyer judicial liquidator in 1902 and 1903, Mr. Vergnioux succeeded him and takes over the management of the plant. He filed the trademark shoes Sévigné. Oral source, the manufacture would have ceased under the direction of Mr. Vergnioux in the 1930s. Currently, the buildings are part of a private property. The former two homes are each a House, while the workshop was rehabilitated in pottery.In 1898, certification of two machines to cut soles, a machine to tread heels, several machines to sew a Hoxe and a poly-types and five machines to? grommets.In August 1926, all of the workers in the factories of glass shoes are seeking an increase of 20% of their salary due to the constant increase in the cost of living. Only thirty workers working at the plant of shoes Vergnioux gets satisfaction.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
factory of shoes of the Longueraie, currently House, Institution composed of three independent buildings: Workshop manufacturing plan rectangular, located between the patronal House and foreman housing. (...) Factory of shoes of the Longueraie, currently House, French Heritage monument to Vitre vitre, ille et vilaine
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.