Castle of the Roulet, French Heritage monument to St flovier
The lordship of the Roulet in the barony of Preuilly belongs to Hugues de Saint-Flovier in 1175
* the primitive Fortress (12th) is taken by the English in 1359 and acquired in 1362 by Marshal Boucicaut
* There is a section of wall
* the reconstruction of the Castle, dating back to the 14th century, is attributable to the barons of Preuilly, Lords of Saint-Flovier and Roulet in the first half of the 14th, or n. Eschelles cited in 1380
* There is this second Castle the vaulted lower room warhead of a tower threatening ruin and a few sections of wall. bays adorned with jewels and braces were visible recently (seen old 20th century)
* the castle is surrounded by a natural moat water
* Red mentioned in 1927 from the remains of frescoes (missing)
* the Marquis de Menou bought the castle in 1769
* He built, not far from la, a second Castle of the Roulet which there is nothing, and probably abandoned the first.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Castle of the Roulet, st flovier)
Castle of the Roulet, The lordship of the Roulet in the barony of Preuilly belongs to Hugues de Saint-Flovier in 1175; the primitive Fortress (12th) is taken by the English in 1359 (...) Castle of the Roulet, French Heritage monument to St flovier st flovier, indre et loire
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.