Parish Church Saint-Flovier, French Heritage monument to St flovier

(see plan 1861 and annex)
* rubble nave
* the remaining stone
* paneling of roofing on the nave
* tubes on the square of the transept dome
* barrel-vaulted transept arms
* apse on the choir
* roof long pans and pinion found on the nave
* lean on the arms of the transept
* rump on the bedside
* roof Pavilion on the steeple to the church destroyed
* foothills, stairs of the Bell Tower and upper floor of the Tower stone
* the rest in rubble-coated
* nave vaulted broken brick
* under Bell Tower Chapel vaulted edges
* choir arch in the apse
* roof long pans and pinion found on the nave and the transept
* shed on the sacristy
* rump on the bedside
* everything on the South of the transept arm
* polygonal arrow on the Bell Tower
* limestone on the cover on the stair Tower for the present church was built in the 12th century Church
* 1840: lengthening of the nave of a span West and construction of the facade
* 1883 to 1888: demolition of the Church and construction of a new one at the same location by Anatole de Baudot, architect in Paris, Guitton, macon to Loches, lined, Carpenter, J.Grasset, sculptor in Bourges. 1891: paints murals of the chapels and the choir by Marcel Rouillard, painter in Paris.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Parish Church Saint-Flovier

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Parish Church Saint-Flovier, (see plan 1861 and annex); rubble nave; the remaining stone; paneling of roofing on the nave; tubes on the square of the transept dome; barrel-vaulted transept (...) Parish Church Saint-Flovier, French Heritage monument to St flovier st flovier, indre et loire

Location and general information

  • identifier : 64817
  • item : église paroissiale Saint-Flovier
  • Location of the building :
    • Centre
    • Indre-et-Loire
    • Saint-Flovier
  • Address : place de l'église
  • Place name : bourg
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 37218
  • Zip code of the municipality : 37600
  • Order in the communal list : 16
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • church
    • parish church
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Investigation : 1988
  • Date taken into account : 2003/03/14

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 9 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • polygonal spire
    • rump
    • pavilion roof
    • shed
    • pinion discovered
    • half-hipped
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs : 7 modes of coverage are listed
    • brick
    • vault
    • dome fallopian
    • barrel vault
    • cul-de-four
    • barrel vault
    • paneling of coverage
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 vessel
  • Stairs : 4 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • spiral staircase
    • masonry
    • staircase half-off-work
    • stairs in work-
  • Decoration of the building : 3 forms of decoration are present
    • stained glass
    • sculpture
    • painting
  • Representation :
    • the only ornament listed is 'vine'
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'Latin cross plan'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : leaf and vine on the capitals of the nave public property
  • Author of the survey MH : Guilbaud René Charles
  • Mérimée reference : IA37001268

Men involved in this construction


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.