Tilery, French Heritage monument to St flovier
Oven fire intermittent, with a capacity of 16 m3, cooking less than 8 times a year, allowing the production of tiles, bricks, tiles and natural lime. The raw material was mined in the immediate vicinity, many excavations have been filled in the neighbouring fields. Four rectangular open pit, 7.20 X 4,30 m, attached to the slope to the South, including a local vaulted 2 m wide on the coast West. Sink 3.60 X 2.50 m has a total height of 4.60 m. 1,80 X 0.65 m loading doorway is open to East and of home, disappeared after the destruction of the North wall. Buildings constituting initial tuilerie, halle and House have disappeared. The oven is currently converted into lower part cave, and attic above, floor wood being 2.60 metres above the ground. Work materials: stone sided
* chain angle, foothills, walls, roof of the annex room, stone
* tank lining brick of singing. The type of roofing: loading doorway and annex room, barrel-vaulted
* rear frame. Form arrays: doorway, segmental arch on walls
* Annex room, Arch full handlebar. The site was served by a particular pathway. It was equipped with a hand press reported in 1907. The total area was 2,960 sqm. The built surface was 300 m². The Cassini map thrown in 1754-66 reported a tile factory. In 1813 it belonged to the Monmorin widow, and then passed to the comte Octave de Menou. In 1855, it is property of Adolphe Gravier, and in 1886, Paul gravel, one and one residing in Paris. In 1887, it passes to Gaston Clausse, of Paris, and in 1898, to Victor Breton-Rivet, the Pairaudrie previously tuilier, finally in 1921, to Louis Joly-Carabanol. La tuilerie which is no longer in activity from January 1, 1913 is classified rural building in 1924. It will operate its own by its owner that between 1898 and 1913. The site is currently occupied by a farm. Tuilier boss: François square, employed 1 worker in 1836-41
* Michel Fatima, 2 in 1846
* François Carré, son, 4, 1851-1861, 2 in 1872
* Joseph Prudhomme, 1 in 1881-86
* André Laurent, 3 in 1896
* Victor Breton, 2 in 1906 and 1 in 1911. All were housed on the site.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Tilery, Oven fire intermittent, with a capacity of 16 m3, cooking less than 8 times a year, allowing the production of tiles, bricks, tiles and natural lime. The raw (...) Tilery, French Heritage monument to St flovier st flovier, indre et loire
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.