Tilery, French Heritage monument to Yzeures sur creuse

Intermittent fire of undetermined capacity oven, allowing the manufacture of bricks, tiles and natural lime as needed. The raw material was charged for part near the tuilerie (lime stone), and partly on the edge of the Creuse (clay) at the location of the current campsite. Rectangular furnace, 7 X 8 m, Gable, consisted of a double doorway home. 23 X 10 m Hall consists of 9 wooden trusses. The heated House has a hold of 26 X 6 m. the walls of the House, rubble-coated
* settlements of angle and frame of apertures in stone. Halle and House, flat tiles. House, lintels, structural
* Halle, frame. Bay, rectangular. House and Hall 2 pans and hilltops. The site was served by a particular way and located 500 m southwest of the Creuse. It was equipped in 1907, a mixing machine, moulding machine, a machine press. All these facilities have disappeared. The total area was 1648 m². The built-up area was 500 m². La tuilerie built in 1883 for Jean Bardin-Symbault, previously tuilier to Poizay, past party in 1927, his son Auguste Bardin-Barat, and in 1945, to Auguste Bardin-Papillaut, Carpenter, the site of la tuilerie is still in Bardin family. The activity ceased around 1910. The oven was destroyed in the 1970s. A house was built in the western part of the Hall. The heated House is now on the neighbouring plot. La tuilerie was operated from 1883 to 1900, by Jean Bardin-Symbault, and then until the end around 1910 by Auguste Bardin-Barat, who became a farmer. They were assisted by 2 to 4 workers. Tuilier and workers were housed on the site until 1910.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Tilery

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Tilery, Intermittent fire of undetermined capacity oven, allowing the manufacture of bricks, tiles and natural lime as needed. The raw material was charged for part (...) Tilery, French Heritage monument to Yzeures sur creuse yzeures sur creuse, indre et loire

Location and general information

  • identifier : 65183
  • item : tuilerie
  • Location of the building :
    • Centre
    • Indre-et-Loire
    • Yzeures-sur-Creuse
  • Address : avenue de la Gare
  • Place name : Carrières (les)
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 37282
  • Zip code of the municipality : 37290
  • Order in the communal list : 3
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : tilery
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : remains

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1883
  • Investigation : 1996
  • Date taken into account : 2004/05/07

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 3 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 3 different types :
    • rump
    • gable roof
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is flat tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Interest of the building : faîtage de la halle portant une girouette ancienne, symbolisant un tuilier.
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Remarkable elements : girouette
  • Constituent areas : 4 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • workshop
    • home
    • manufacturing workshop
    • shelter
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Thomas Jacques
  • Mérimée reference : IA37001665

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.