Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, French Heritage monument to Ingrandes

The buildings are limestone rubble, except for a part of the Manor of 1898 and the garage which are stone, the honey House and delivery which are reinforced concrete. two mansions, the honey and the discount are covered in Slate, the rest tiles
* the Manor of 1840 was a basement and two floors square, the second low, served by a spiral staircase. It is covered with a roof long half-timbered hilltops, conical roofs and terraces, the southern part of a roof long broken wrench
* the mansion of 1896 has a basement, a 1 square and a stage of climax served by a straight staircase. It is covered with a Pavilion roof and a small roof to the Imperial
* the Loft has a conical roof
* the other buildings have long sections and hilltops covered gabled roofs
* the cellar is vaulted in cradle. Le manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-House date from the 15th century
* the revolution, it was sold as national property (description)
* from 1840, it has been totally taken up for Mr. Creuzet, rocks
* in 1896, a second mansion was built adjacent to the first (date range). in 1941, a honey, a garage and a shed were built
* the cellar is old
* other buildings have been taken over or rebuilt in the 19th century.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home
Crédit photo : (Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, ingrandes)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, The buildings are limestone rubble, except for a part of the Manor of 1898 and the garage which are stone, the honey House and delivery which are reinforced (...) Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, French Heritage monument to Ingrandes ingrandes, indre

Location and general information

  • identifier : 63111
  • item : manoir de Saint-Victor de la Grand-Maison
  • Location of the building :
    • Indre
    • Ingrandes
  • Place name : la Grand-Maison
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 36087
  • Zip code of the municipality : 36300
  • Order in the communal list : 12
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : manor
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : restored

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 6 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 15th century
    • 19th century
    • 2nd quarter 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
    • 20th century
    • 2nd quarter 20th century
  • Years :
    • 1896
    • 1941
  • Investigation : 1993
  • Date taken into account : 2003/11/26

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 7 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • concrete
    • stone
    • reinforced concrete
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 9 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • pavilion roof
    • terrace
    • sprocket cover
    • conical roof
    • roof with long tails broken
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • flat tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • A mode of coverage listed 'barrel vault'
  • Floors : 4 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
    • 2 storey square
  • Stairs : 5 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • spiral staircase
    • straight staircase
    • in frame
    • stairs in work-
    • staircase off-work
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 10 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • housing
    • dovecote
    • cellar
    • barn
    • discount
    • stable
    • barn
    • garage
    • stalls
    • candy
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Réau Marie-Thérèse
  • Mérimée reference : IA36000112

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional du Centre - Service chargé de l'inventaire6, rue de la Manufacture 45000 Orléans - 02.38.78.85.21

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Marie Saint Victor est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, French Heritage monument to Ingrandes. Picture of Marie Saint Victor
manoir de Saint-Victor de la Grand-Maison, ingrandes
Description of this building by Marie Saint Victor :

"...En suivant la route qui conduit d'Ingrandes à Mérigny, lorsqu'on promène ses regards sur le vallon, on ne tarde pas à apercevoir sur le sommet du coteau qui règne sur la rive gauche de l'Anglin, un petit castel qui, du milieu des bois qui l'entourent, détache ses deux tourelles couvertes en ardoises et un élégant belvédère formé d'une colonne en pierre de taille autour de laquelle monte un escalier en spirale, muni d'une rampe en fer, qui conduit à une plate-forme ou petite terrasse entourée d'une balustrade. Un tapis de verdure se déroule des pieds du château jusqu'au bord de la rivière. C'est ce charmant manoir, connu sous le nom de Saint-Victor-la-Grande-Maison, caché dans le bocage comme un nid d'oiseau, qu'habitait au dix-septième siècle un des membres de la famille de Barbancois.

Relevé dans le livre du Dr. Gaudon, Histoire du Blanc et de ses environs (1868)

Article dans le Dictionnaire historique d'Eugène Hubert (1889)

Marie Saint Victor says of the history of this building :

Notes historiques

  • 1530, Joachim de Louan, Ecuyer seigneur de la Grande Maison marie sa fille Anne avec Charles de Barbançoisle 17 juin 1534 - rendu aveu des terres et fait de son frère Léon son héritier universel en 1591, sa femme Anne L'allier fait de même.
  • 1607, Christophe de Galliot,  Devient propriétaire de la Grande Maison.
  • 1643, Barbançois, Léon, puis silvain et Philippe qui meurt en 1719.
  • 1719/20, Villemort.
  • 1793, Bien National.
  • 1794, Charles Thomas L'herpinière, Achète la propriété le 24 Ventose de l'an II -14 mars 1794- Maire d'ingrandes.
  • 1810, Péris, Mari de la fille l'herpinière qui hérite de la propriété.
  • 18.., Villemort, Villemort rachète la propriété et la revend peu après.
  • 18.., Beaufumé, Beaufumé vend en 1830.
  • 1830, René Creuzet des Roches, Fait les modifications que l'on voit encore aujourd'hui et transforme la cave voutée de l'ancien manoir en terrasse devant le nouveau château -Inventeur d'une première batteuse. Maire d'Ingrandes 1843-1847.
  • 1876, Joslé de Lamazière -Lavergne.
  • 1902, Hénault.
  • 1926, Chiffre.
  • 1941, Une miellerie, un garage et une remise ont été construits.
  • 1971, Proprétaire actuel.

Histoire du lieu

Il semble dater de la fin du 14ième ou début du 15ième siècle Il abrita les familles de Louan, de Galliot puis au dix-septième siècle un des membres de la famille de Barbançois.

Léon de Barbancois, chevalier, seigneur de Saint-Victor-la-Grande-Maison eut plusieurs enfants. L'un d'eux, Antoine, fut tenu sur les fonts baptismaux par Antoine d'Aloigni, abbé de Fontgombaûlt et seigneur d'Ingrandes, le 15 novembre 1671 ; la marraine fut Louise du Riz, fille de Sylvain des Grandes, seigneur dudit lieu.

Le 16 janvier 1691 fut célébré dans l'église d'Ingrandes le mariage de Marie de Barbançois, fille de Léon, avec Jacques Ferdinand Chauvelin, seigneur de Luzeret et autres places, fils de Ferdinand Chauvelin et Anne de Conflans Despoix.

En 1717 par testament messire Silvain de Barbançois, seigneur de la Grande-Maison, lègue à la cure d'Ingrandes-un pré situé sur la rivière de l'Anglin ou bien une rente de 18 livres, au choix de ses héritiers, à charge par les curés de ladite paroisse de faire un service à cinq prêtres, le jour du décès du testateur, et dire à perpétuité deux messes basses par mois. -Trouvé sous la cote G 721- En 1717 également, Philippe de Barbançois, fils de Léonse marie avec Anne-Marie Poiron, -une famille - qui a occupé au Blanc, pendant un assez long temps, une position très honorable dans la magistrature-.

Philippe décéda le 13 février 1719, et fut inhumé dans l'église de Saint-Génitour du Blanc, où plusieurs membres de la famille Poiron furent enterrés.

Saint-Victor-la-Grande-Maison, au sortir de la maison Barbançois vers 1720, est passée dans celle des Villemort.

Elle était entre les mains de M. de Villemort en 1793 quand elle fut vendue comme bien national.

Ce fut Charles Thomas L’herpinière, maire d'Ingrandes qui l'acheta en 1794 le 24 ventose de l’an II-.

Une fille de Monsieur L’herpinière, mariée à M. Péris, de Belâbre, en hérita dans les premières années du siècle.

M. de Villemort racheta sa propriété de M. Péris pour la revendre peu de temps après à M. Beaufumé.

M. René Creuzet des Roches en fît l'acquisition en 1830.

Inventeur d'une première batteuse et maire d'Ingrandes de 1843 à 1847 il a fait reprendre ou reconstruire les bâtiments que l'on voit encore aujourd'hui et vers 1896 a fait construire un second manoir jouxtant le premier et a transformé la cave voutée de l'ancienne demeure en terrasse devant le nouveau château.

De 1876 à 1971 trois propriétaires se succédèrent-MM. Joslé de Lamazière, -Lavergne, Hénault et Chiffre.

En 1941 une Miellerie, une orangerie et une remise furent construites.

article dans le Dictionnaire historique d'Eugène Hubert (1889) : "petit castel moderne dont une des tours est surmontée d'un belvédère, appartenant à à M.JosléLavergne".

Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, French Heritage monument to Ingrandes. Picture of Marie Saint Victor
manoir de Saint-Victor de la Grand-Maison, ingrandes
Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, French Heritage monument to Ingrandes. Picture of Marie Saint Victor
manoir de Saint-Victor de la Grand-Maison, ingrandes
Manoir de Saint-Victor de Grand-home, French Heritage monument to Ingrandes. Picture of Marie Saint Victor
manoir de Saint-Victor de la Grand-Maison, ingrandes

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.