Le blanc

This city is situee fur the borders of Berry, with the eighteenth forty-three degree minutes of longitude, & to the forty six degree thirty eight minutes of latitude, close Poitou. It is renfermee in the general information of Bourges, though spring of the presidial of Poitiers. It is separate into two, by the river of Hollow, into high & low city. In the upper town the castle of Naillac is, in the low city, the prioress of saint Genitor Sc the convent of Augustins. The Latin name of the White is Oblincum. The chatellenie of Naillac & raised White, in faith & homage, of the chatellenie of Chateauroux, & the castle & fortress are jurable & rendable with the dominant lords has great & small force, in times of peace &C of war.

This ground was possedee during more than four centuries, by lords who portoient the name of Naillac, & since of Naillac; the last of which was lord Jean de Naillac, who being deceased approximately the year 1429, left, between other heirs, Marie de Preuilly, woman of Jacques Pot, lord of the Rock of Nole, daisy of Preuilly, marries of Pierre Frotier, lord of Melziard & of Mizeray, Jeanne de Preuilly, married has Raoul de Gaucourt, large main of France. They etoient girls of Gilles de Preuilly, & Marguerite de Naillac, sister of Jean; & the titles of ChateaiiRoux are taken that the 7 of May 1437, Raoul de Gaucour, because of Jeanne de Preuilly, his wife, admitted holding in faith & homage of the baron de Ch?teau-Roux, the third party of the castle & Villeneuve of the White, of the sauxbourg of saint Genitor, ground of Are worth & of Moutipouret; & that Pierre Frotier, lord of Preuilly & the White partly, because of Marguerite de Preuilly, his wife, having made refusal to pay faith & homage has Mr. Guy de Chauvigny, third name, baron de Ch?teau-Roux; though all its predecessors had done it fans difficulty, this lord made seize & put in his hand the strongholds of Naillac & the White, & forced it finally, by transaction passed with Pierre of saint Julien, rider, lord of Veniere, carrying its procuration, Z Z October 1462, to acknowledge & reconnoitre that the castle of Naillac, city of the White & sauxbourg' of S. Genitor, etoient held & mouvans in stronghold, nuement & fans means of the baron Castle-Russet-red, & to promise to make of it faith & homage, all times & quantes, & to pay for the right of repurchase five hundred ECUs; the transaction was confirmee, by stop of April 18, 1478, & since the lords of the White voluntarily did all the faith & homage to the lords of Chateauroux, same Jean Frotier, lord of the White & Azay Feron, which it sit by prosecutor, has lady Francoise de Maille, the 27 of August 1525. Since this ground often has changes lord. However it will be good to observe that the lords of the name of Clerembaut enjoyed the ground of the White, & that Des. the time of holy king Louis, Guy de Clerembaut, knight, because of his wife, oldest daughter of Ameiy Gondebaut, admitted holding has faith & homage - liege of Alphonse of France, count de Poitou, the castle & chatellenie of the White, the year 1269, which passed shortly after in the possession of Guillaume de Clerembaut, servant, i.e. rider, his son.

In the year 1529, this ground appartenoit has Louis, lord of Clermont, baron de Preuilly, in 1544, has Fran?ois de Vendome, vidame of Chartres, which made gift of it has Gilbert de Grammont, wire of lord Antoine de Grammont, which made of it, by prosecutor, the faith & homage have Mr. d' Aumont, the 29 of September 1562. It is found that N December of the same year, rams Berande de Ferrieres also made him, by prosecutor, the faith & same homage of K chatellenie, & that in year 157511

Mr. Charles of Rochefoucaut, lord of Barhezieux, like lord of ia chatellenie of the White, yawned the consent of it & enumeration has Mr. Jean d' Aumont, baron de Ch?teau-Roux, the twentieth day of May; & that after its of these, by transaction of May 21, 1596, rams Marguerite Despeaux, widow of Mr. Jean, marquis d' Epinay, tutor of Charles & Fran?ois d' Epinay, enfans minor of late Mr. Claude d' Epinay, & of Francoise lady of Rochefoucaut, oldest daughter of Mr. de Barbezieux, rams Antoinette of Rochefoucaut, marries of Mr. Antoine de Brichanteau, lord of Beauvais Nangis, & rams Charlotte of Rochefoucaut, widow of Mr. Fran?ois Desbarres, alive lord of Neuvy, cederent has lady Francoise Chabot, their mother, the ground & seigniory of the White, for the taken again rights &c that it pouvoit to claim in the succession of sound husband, after of these Madam de Barbezieux, Mr. de Naugis 8c the lady F woman, were taken & homage has Mr. prince., marquis de* Chateauroux, of the chatellenie, city of the White in Berry, castle of Naillac, common ground & Villeneuve of saint Genitor, on May 28, 1613.

Source: New History of Berry, Volume 5 by Felix Metal disc 1785.

Description

le blanc, French city Department of indre with 64 historical sites listed or simply studied for their remarkable character.
Our database currently includes 64 elements for heritage le blanc. You will find the menu and footer links leading you on the description sheets.

There are 64 localities (Place called, location known as) in Le blanc : les granges ; grande rue ; beauregard ; beaulieu ; les justices ; le cheval blanc ; l hermitage ; la renaissance ; beausejour ; vaux ; la moliere ; la traverse ; la brousse ; la petite brousse ; la planchette ; les marnes ; la bellevue ; la borderie ; la chesnaie ; la martellerie ; le courtioux ; les chezeaux ; les zeros ; les ages ; envaux ; les vignaux ; ancienne voie romaine ; la cosse ; la choltiere ; les corbinieres ; la cadetterie ; la gastevine ; avant ; berthaudiere ; cambrai ; fausse rue des recollets ; fonds bernieres ; l etape ; l ipaudiere ; la bourratiere ; la brassardiere ; la contreverse ; la coulaudiere ; la croix de varennes ; la ferrande ; la petite font ; la petite planchette ; la rosetiere ; le bas courtioux ; le grand rouilly ; le haut courtioux ; les levreaux ; les pieds froids ; les suchauds ; madrolles ; marcheboeuf ; muant ; nervaux ; passage a niveau 264 ; pouzioux ; relanderie ; rouilly ; vilnet ; visais.

listeds buildings (classified and protected) in Le blanc

Monuments in Le blanc, Le blanc has 7 buildings protected. Include :

  1. Chapelle des Piliers (Sainte-Catherine (rue)) official reference : PA00097275 ;
  2. official reference : PA00097276 ;
  3. Ancien couvent des Augustins official reference : PA00097277 ;
  4. Crypte de Charasson (Charassons (impasse des)) official reference : PA00097278 ;
  5. Eglise Saint-Cyran official reference : PA00097279 ;
  6. official reference : PA00097280 ;
  7. (Grande-Rue) official reference : PA00097281
Please note this list is likely to evolve, the data presented are from 2013.

Places of Culture

Museum le blanc, le blanc has 1 Museum :

  • Musée Ornithologique (Ecomusée de la Brenne) (Château Naillac 36300 le blanc)
    Ouvert d'octobre à avril du mardi au dimanche de 10h à 12h et de 14h à 17h et en mai, juin et septembre de 9h30 à 12h30 et de 14h à 18h, en juillet-août tous les jours de 9h30 à 18h
    closed : Janvier, 11 novembre et 25 décembre

Cinema de le blanc, le blanc has 1 cinema :

  • studio republique (42 rue de la republique, 36300 le blanc)

Statistics for Le blanc

Town or city :
Postcode of city : 36300
Insee code : 36018
Longitude : 1.136414
Latitude : 46.663702
Total population : 7475 people
place called : 64
alley : 7
avenue : 2
boulevard : 5
path : 8
dead : 22
place : 11
dock : 2
route : 10
st : 136
lane : 4

Castle, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 12
The main body has two square storeys and a floor of height; a 17-step staircase leads from the Park on the first floor; the two turrets which it is contiguous (...) Castle, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Benedictine Priory, now parish church Saint-Genitour, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 11
Church built in stone on the West façade of the central nave, the apse, the Bell Tower and the stair Tower; the rest is rubble-coated; covers, tiles for the (...) Benedictine Priory, now parish church Saint-Genitour, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Convent of augustins, currently City Hall, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 16
The buildings are limestone rubble coated, except for the façade of the town hall which is stone; the old church is covered with a long pans, covered west (...) Convent of augustins, currently City Hall, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Castle said Castle Naillac, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 15
The two towers are covered pavilion roofs; they have two square floors served by stairs screw off-work; the West Tower has a basement vaulted cradle basket; (...) Castle said Castle Naillac, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Manor house, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 60
Roofs long half-timbered Gables covered in slates for the current three corps de logis and the building is, in tiles for buildings in the North West of the (...) Manor house, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 39
House in limestone rubble, buildings on Court in timber; Corridor vaulted cradle basket; staircase of the House in screws, originally half-off-work; on court (...) House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Crypt of Chakramakkil, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 4
« Crypt of Chakramakkil » is a construction of the city of Le blanc (France, Indre). Crypt of Chakramakkil, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 45
Home a roof long wrench to hilltops, slate; the other buildings have roofs long half-timbered Gables covered in tiles. House with outbuildings at the entrance (...) House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 46
Roofs long wrench to hilltops, slate for the House, tile for agricultural stakeholders. House with agricultural dependence, built in the 19th century on a (...) House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Manor House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 50
Roofs with long sections on hilltops, except the side courtyard of the central body, long broken wrench; staircase in masonry in the central body, stair work (...) Manor House, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Dovecote, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 64
« Dovecote » is a construction of the city of Le blanc (France, Indre). Dovecote, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Bridge, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 65
The first bridge, successor to ancient Fords, was destroyed by a flood on the Creuse in 1530. A tray will allow the crossing of the Creuse until the early 19th (...) Bridge, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Presentation of the commune of le Blanc, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 66
Located half in la Petite Brenne, the wider traditional construction material on the territory of this municipality is extract sandstone and 'buttons', giving (...) Presentation of the commune of le Blanc, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Benedictine Priory, now parish church Saint-Genitour, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 9
Church built in stone on the West façade of the central nave, the apse, the Bell Tower and the stair Tower; the rest is rubble-coated; covers, tiles for the (...) Benedictine Priory, now parish church Saint-Genitour, French Heritage monument to Le blanc

Former boarding school, currently sub-prefecture, French Heritage monument to Le blanc 8
The main building in stone, is covered with a Pavilion roof; sunroof and a polygonal rump the West Wing and the chapel are in rubble limestone; the wing is (...) Former boarding school, currently sub-prefecture, French Heritage monument to Le blanc