Parish Church, currently chapel Saint-Clair, French Heritage monument to Chamagnieu
The nave is covered with a paneling. The chancel is vaulted apse. The side chapel is vaulted warheads. The Church of Miange appears in 1172 in the possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Chef. In 1503, François de la Fontaine, Lord of Bourcieu, founded the St. Catherine chapel which is built in the South of the nave and who will receive several tombs of the Lords of Bourcieu. Miange will remain parish church until the French Revolution. And then, after a brief hiatus, the worship is restored in 1798. In 1845, the Church and its frame are restored on the plans and specifications of the architect Hugues Quenin. In 1885, the walls are included as artwork, an external staircase and the wall are also built to this date.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : alain (Parish Church, currently chapel Saint-Clair, chamagnieu)
Parish Church, currently chapel Saint-Clair, The nave is covered with a paneling. The chancel is vaulted apse. The side chapel is vaulted warheads. The Church of Miange appears in 1172 in the possessions (...) Parish Church, currently chapel Saint-Clair, French Heritage monument to Chamagnieu chamagnieu, isere
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Rhône-AlpesLe Grenier d'Abondance - 6, Quai Saint Vincent - 69001 Lyon - 04.72.00.43.70
Men involved in this construction
- Quenin hugues (in French) architecte
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.