Chapel of Saint-Romain-de-Roche, French Heritage monument to Pratz
By a diploma of the year 1184, the Frederic-Barberousse emperor confirmed with the abbey of Saint-Oyande-Joux the possession of the church of Saint-Romain.
By two charters of the years 1493 and 1544, the abbots of Rye and Morel concederent the prioress of Saint-Romain to the large-prior of the abbey of Saint-Claude, who added of-at the time has his title that of lord and prior of Saint-Romain. The Injuriose abbot had demounting the bodies of Romain saint and Lupicin saint in two vaults of his abbey, and had locks up the chiefs of these two saints in money reliquaries which were given to the prioresss of Saint-Romain-of-Rock and Saint-Lupicin. One still preserved, a few years ago, of the remainders of Romain saint in the church or it had been buries. They were demountings in a beautiful hunting having the shape of a mausoleum of the 13th century, around which Christ was represents in relief with the twelve apostles. These relics were transferees by Mgr of Chamon, bishop of Saint-Claude, in his church cathedral.
Church and prioress
The church of Saint-Romain-of-Rock is dediee has holy Romain and is composed of a nave, a rectangular chorus and two blind arcades, and contained two bells of which one was enlevee. The chorus is older, less broad and less high than the nave. This building is used ogival style at the 14th century. Its length is of 18m 90 and its width of 8m 70. One celebrates the divine offices there Monday after Pentecost. The inhabitants of Saint-Lupicin make an annual procession there to call upon the protection of Romain saint. With the northern dimension of the church existed the buildings of the abbey of the Balsam; there remain only vestiges of foundation about it. On its site, it was sets up a stone furnace bridge.
Bibliography. Files of the prefecture of the Jura. Life of the saints of Franche-Comt?, by the professors of the Saint-Fran?ois-Xavier college of Besancon.
Source: Gazetteer, historical and statistics of the communes By Alphonse Rousset Moreau 1857
(Chapel of Saint-Romain-de-Roche, pratz)
Chapel of Saint-Romain-de-Roche, « Chapel of Saint-Romain-de-Roche » is a construction of the city of Pratz (France, Jura). Chapel of Saint-Romain-de-Roche, French Heritage monument to Pratz pratz, jura
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Chapelle de Saint-Romain-de-Roche, pratz
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.