Factory of veneering (plumbers factory) Guy Lacroix, French Heritage monument to Villards d heria
Office and production: limestone rubble, extension of 1965 in cinder block concrete, 2 basement floors and a square floor, elevation span corrugated. Industrial store, packaging and recent workshop: cinder block of concrete and iron pan, coating and sheet weatherboarding, downstairs with or without floor basement, metal frame, long pans and shed, sheet, plate and corrugated. Louis Lacroix and Lucien François built around 1888 a turnery, quickly acquired by Henri Bessonnat. It expanded the plant around 1900 in constructing a manufacturing workshop, a steam engine, a warehouse and a housing. It produces valves, mouth-bottles, services to salad, dryers, hangers, piano stools, chairs, Garden embroidery looms, bowling, bilboquets, etc. It gives the site around 1919 to Henri Picot. Burned in June 1923, the factory is rebuilt the following year then recovery by the Ets Welsh to 1931. The manufacturer of toys Monneret, who has just invented Foosball, settled in 1936 S.A.R.L. André Monneret and son, founded during the 1930 decade. It remains there until the transfer of its activities to Lons-le-Saunier, in 1946. Converted factory of painting in the early 1950s, the factory passes in 1957 to transform S.A. family Lacroix-Guy, business society and manufacturing articles menagersen wood (rolling pins, etc.). Enlargements take place from 1963 to 1965 (end of the particular office building) and then to 1975. Closing in 1989, the trading activity predominates. In 1991, the site is sold to the commune, which demolished part of the buildings. It leases the former shops of shipment to the S.A. toys Clairbois, whose main factory is located in the South of the village, and to project to develop housing in the offices. 2 vertical water wheels at the beginning of the 20th century. Turbine installed in the 1930s. About fifteen people at the beginning of the 20th century, some thirty in 1957, a dozen to 1989.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : Contributeur anonyme (factory of veneering (plumbers factory) Guy Lacroix, villards d heria)
factory of veneering (plumbers factory) Guy Lacroix, Office and production: limestone rubble, extension of 1965 in cinder block concrete, 2 basement floors and a square floor, elevation span corrugated. (...) Factory of veneering (plumbers factory) Guy Lacroix, French Heritage monument to Villards d heria villards d heria, jura
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by Utilisateur anonyme :
Le bâtiment est plutôt bien décrit. Les images appartiennent pour la première à la collection Grandmottet, la seconde à la collection Mandrillon.
L'histoire est globalement juste, à quelques détails près sur la partie la plus récente.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.