Basilica of Notre-Dame of the Trinity, French Heritage monument to Blois
L? Church is commissioned in 1931 by l? archconfraternity of the three Ave and built from 1934 under the direction of Charles-Henri Besnard. The works are interrupted in 1936 and plans are taken over by l? architect Paul Rouvière, which replace the red brick granite coating. After an interruption due to the war, l? l planning? Church is resumed in March 1946 by Yves-Marie Froidevaux, Chief Architect of Historic Monuments. L? Church was consecrated on July 16, 1949. Representative of l? religious architecture of the 1930s, l? building is decorated by many artists: sculptors Joel and Jean Martel, Jean Lambert-Rucki and André Bizette-Lindet, Jean and Karine Barillet, l upholsterers? Goldsmith Jean Puiforcat and the master glassmakers, Louis Barillet, Jacques Le Chevallier and Théodore Hanssen. Become an important centre of pilgrimage, l? Church took the title of Basilica (the so-called minor) in 1956.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Basilica of Notre-Dame of the Trinity, L? Church is commissioned in 1931 by l? archconfraternity of the three Ave and built from 1934 under the direction of Charles-Henri Besnard. The works are (...) Basilica of Notre-Dame of the Trinity, French Heritage monument to Blois blois, loir et cher
Men involved in this construction
- Barillet louis (in French) maître verrier
- Le chevallier jacques (in French) maître verrier
- Hanssen théodore (in French) maître verrier
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.