Castle, French Heritage monument to Blois
High middle ages: Barcelona residence situated on the promontory fortified
* 9th, 10th century: mention the chapel Saint-Calais and a Dungeon. 12th century: Foundation of the collegiate church Saint-Sauveur in the front court. 13th century: construction of the great Hall and the fortifications surrounding the spur
* 14th century, 15th century: constructions in the Court leaned against the wall, reconstruction of the tower and a large square screw, attributed to Charles of Orléans
* 1498, 1514: constructions of Louis XII, buildings East and South, chapel Saint Calais, Gallery of the West building, development of the gardens. 1515, 1524: constructions of François 1er, building on the Court, and then building the lodges
* 2nd half 16th century: Gallery of Catherine de Médicis, spur of the senior gardens, walkways, Pavilion of the door of the fields
* early 17th century: construction of the Grand Hall of the low by Henri IV, terrace gardens and construction of bastions West
* 1634, 1637: projects of Mansart to Gaston of Orléans, the West building, and then abandoned the project. mid 18th century: collapse of the Gallery of the lower gardens
* 1788: edict of alienation of the Castle, then processing in barracks
* the revolution: sale of gardens, destruction of the aisles. 1810: imperial decree ceding the castle to the city
* 1845, 1855: restoration of buildings of Louis XII and François Ier. 1866: restoration of the so-called States generals Hall
* 1868: restoration of the Chapel
* 1880, 1900: second restoration of the upper part of the building of François 1st, restoration of Gaston d ' Orléans wing
* 1932: construction of the grand staircase of the building Gaston d ' Orléans
* 1957: stained glass Windows in the chapel Saint Calais.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Castle, High middle ages: Barcelona residence situated on the promontory fortified; 9th, 10th century: mention the chapel Saint-Calais and a Dungeon. 12th century: (...) Castle, French Heritage monument to Blois blois, loir et cher
Men involved in this construction
- Baudot anatole de (in French) architecte
- La morandière jules de (in French) architecte
- Grenouillot jules (in French) architecte
- Duban félix (in French) architecte
- Mansart françois (in French) architecte
- Buyster philippe de (in French) sculpteur
- Guillain simon (in French) sculpteur
- Anguier michel (in French) sculpteur
- Biart colin (in French) maître maçon
- Sourdeau jacques (in French) maître maçon
- Guischart simonet (in French) maître maçon
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.