St. Peter Parish Church to Ailleux
Ailleux, canton of Boën (Loire): A. Ailleu, 909 ; Aylleu, 937 ;Allieu, 956 ; Aillieu, 983 ; Ailleux, 1029.
The walls of the Church are predominantly in Mica-weathered schist pink, extracted from the quarry of "Millionaire" to Malaïgue, on the slope of Saint-Pulgent, partially coated on the south elevation of the Chapel and the choir. The west facing the South Chapel, the southern portal, angle chains, frames of the bays, the foothills, modillions, the arches and columns and cornices are Cezay granite. The roof is tiled hollow, except the covered foothills of a chaperone gabled granite. Coverage is long pans for the nave and chapels, with polygonal rump for the choir, Pavilion for the Bell Tower and shed for the sacristy and the half-off-work Tower staircase screws and masonry of the tower. The plan of the building is cruciform: a nave with two aisles, a four sided apse with a non-parallel sides in half an ellipse and two side chapels, all walls are coated. The gate opens to the South, under a canopy formed by the extension of the roof to the right of the Chapel, and its appearance is Gothic: Portal framed by arching, two pinnacles and a gable in full-arch ending brace. The Church is vaulted warheads with key vaults which some are armoriées (studied), and other geometric patterns or with an IHS. Made a weather vane of the steeple cross was moved and indexed in the soil, near the Town Hall.
A painted inscription above the inner door leading to the Bell Tower, gives us the year of the construction of the parish church of Saint-Pierre: 1551; several sets of initials: f. c. and f. p. e. b. mask perhaps the supervisor and the owner of the religious building. The two side chapels were built later but not concurrently: one that is located to the North is later than southern. An inscription engraved on a stone on the outer surface of the Bell Tower dates to 1718 reconstruction. The painted interior of 18th century disappeared during the restorations of 1899, also carried out minor restorations a century later in 1991 and 1993. In 1852 the belfry undergoes repairs to its roof and the installation of louvered. From 1847, the municipality is considering the expansion of the church became too small, the political events then quit the project, which will be resumed in 1852. The architect Dulac is responsible at this time to remove the current choir and to reassemble more South inserting a Bay of nave and a doubling in length of the chapels. The project is finally abandoned while the construction of a third Bay of nave had been scheduled at the outset, in the 16th century, as evidenced by an arcade of expectation to which is applied the wall from bottom.
Source: Ministry of culture.
Crédit photo : F.Defrade (St. Peter Parish Church, ailleux)
St. Peter Parish Church, The walls of the Church are predominantly in Mica-weathered schist pink, extract of the career of the 'millionaire' to Malaïgue, on the slope of Saint-Pulgent, partially coated on the south elevation of the Chapel and the choir. The west facing the South Chapel, the southern portal, angle chains, frames of the bays, the foothills, modillions, the arches and columns and cornices are Cezay granite. ailleux, loire
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Rhône-AlpesLe Grenier d'Abondance - 6, Quai Saint Vincent - 69001 Lyon - 04.72.00.43.70
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.