Parish Church, Notre-Dame and Saint-Barthélemy, French Heritage monument to Arthun
The former choir and apse are built in small granite rubble, with chains of corner stone. A discharge arc is visible above the apse. The floor of the bells is, him, stone, open on each side of two twin bays slightly arched over a drip edge
* It is covered with a low-sloped Pavilion roof. The nave is in granite rubble, Foundation, with chains of corner and buttresses in stone. The supervision of berries are limestone, except the Western portal, which is granite. The nave roof is long sided lean-to on the side aisles. Inside, the span of the old choir is covered with a barrel-vaulted semicircular, with an apse apse, provision included in the upper floor. remade in the 19th century part is vaulted warheads and has a painted decoration. The Church is reported among the possessions of Cluny at 981-982. The span of the choir of the current building may date back to the 11th century. It was modified in the 14-15th centuries, time of construction or reconstruction of the walls of the village, including the Church occupied the southeast corner, its apse being fortified in breakthrough tour of a murderess. In 1859 the architect Dulac adds a chapel North of the single nave. In 1876 a new expansion project is given by the architect a. Favrot, Saint-Etienne: the nave is lengthened, raised and flanked by low side to the South and North, it includes the newly built Chapel. Were completed in 1879 by Martin Dubruc and Jean-Marie and Jean-Claude Mangavel, father and son, entrepreneurs residing in Boen.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : Morio (Parish Church, Notre-Dame and Saint-Barthélemy, arthun)
Parish Church, Notre-Dame and Saint-Barthélemy, The former choir and apse are built in small granite rubble, with chains of corner stone. A discharge arc is visible above the apse. The floor of the bells is, (...) Parish Church, Notre-Dame and Saint-Barthélemy, French Heritage monument to Arthun arthun, loire
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Rhône-Alpes - Service chargé de l'inventaire6, Quai Saint-Vincent - 69001 Lyon - 04.72.00.43.70
Men involved in this construction
- Favrot a. (in French) architecte
- Dubruc martin (in French) entrepreneur
- Mangavel jean-claude (in French) entrepreneur
- Mangavel jean-marie (in French) entrepreneur
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.