Church St. Martin to Bussy-Albieux
Bussy-Albieux depended of the diocese of Lyon, the Archpriest of Pommiers, parlement of Paris from the stewardship of Lyon and of the election of Roanne.
Today, Bussy is a pretty appearance, built on a rugged terrain, roadside departmental No. 6, from Roanne to le Puy; its houses are well built and have an air of cleanliness and comfort not found in all villages. Its inhabitants are gentle and sociable, but apathetic; with a little more work, they would of the soil, which is highly-fertile, much more abundant revenues. Women deal with embroidery.
The Church, dedicated to saint Martin, is unremarkable; restored at various times, she has lost all traces of its primitive character who we nevertheless appeared to be novel; the little decorated interior is clean and well maintained.
In the cemetery, there is a large Chapel building is old, because its bell tower is of Byzantine style. His set is very pretty; the Interior is capped and well kept; they celebrate yet more Holy offices. Near the village and on the banks of the small river of money, is a beautiful property belonging to Mr. Durand; It occupies, we were told, the site of the old Castle.
Source: The France by cantons and communes. The Loire department Tome 1 1856
The Church is occidentee. It has a nave and two aisles of six bays, vaulted warheads based on cruciform piers. They are extended to the West by a pentagonal choir and two chapels to flat and on the East by a Bell Tower on the front with a forum which is based on a span of entry with a drum. The walls have an exterior cladding stones of medium unit in granite; the frame of apertures and corners of the bell tower are limestone. Inside, the ribs and frames are brick, all are unified by a false Grey painted unit with horizontal lines of red color. The soil is checkered cement and stoneware tiles in the choir and the apsidal chapels. The nave is covered with a roof with two pitches, a lean-to aisles and the choir of a roof to polygonal rump in flat tiles with tiles in Brown glaze drawing lozenges and a cross in the axis of the apse. The Bell Tower is topped with a slate Spire. It is pierced on each side of two twin bays, and goes from the square to the Octagon plan. The tribune and the House of the bells are served by an internal spiral staircase.
The Church is mentioned for the first time in 1046. Repeatedly redesigned, the primitive edifice was demolished to build on its site a larger church in the Gothic style of the 13th century. Under the leadership of Abbot David, work began in 1879, according to the plans of the architect roannais Michaud performed by the contractor Besse also roannais. The new church was blessed on August 3, 1880, as reminds the inscription engraved on the South stack of the right Bay of the choir. The Church has been restored in the middle of the 20th century: the date of 1951 and Mr. Palais name are engraved on the pillar in front of the first entry. The retaining wall which closes the Piazzetta before the Church was built in 1890, to create a public space away from the provincial road n ° 6 passing at the foot of the building.
Source: Ministry of culture.
Crédit photo : F.Defrade (Parish Church St. Martin, bussy albieux)
Parish Church St. Martin, The Church, dedicated to saint Martin, is unremarkable; restored at various times, she has lost all traces of its primitive character who we nevertheless appeared to be novel; the little decorated interior is clean and well maintained. bussy albieux, loire
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Rhône-Alpes - Service chargé de l'inventaire6, Quai Saint-Vincent - 69001 Lyon - 04.72.00.43.70
Men involved in this construction
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.