Manor of Grand Courtoiseau, French Heritage monument to Trigueres
The current Manor, harmonious proportions, was erected in the 17th or 18th century instead of a rectangular fortress established to 1480 by Avy family. It is typical of the evolution of common residences in fields in the Val de Loire since the end of the middle ages. The absence of farm buildings and a courtyard indicates that the manoir lost its economic function for the benefit of the residential. There is also the absence of the defensive function. Probably surrounded by moat originally, the Manor is made around a central rectangular courtyard adorned with a large pool and a typical Sologne architecture plan u. Are accessed through a portal in the North between two symmetrical wings constituting the dependencies (stable and saddlery in the East, to cars to the West). They are dated by the owner of the 17th century. The East and West coasts are closed by closing walls coated in brick wall jambs. Various openings framed by brick Pierce them and provide access to small buildings fitted on outer space. Most important, to the East, provides access to the Pavilion of the chapel. A corps de logis closes the South side of the quadrangle. Its transformation, or even its reconstruction is attributed to the family Dupré de Saint-Maur, owner during the 18th century. The central body, in five bays on three levels, is flanked by two low pavilions, on two levels. The whole is unified by a double cordon of bricks which continues in lower the drip edge of the central pediment stone. With the exception of the pediment, on two fronts, the corps de logis is fully coated and frames of berries in brick (as well as straight skylights to pediments jambs). The miniaturist Jean-Baptiste Augustine lived from 1819 until the end of his life. At the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries has been added a small greenhouse to steel structure at the southeast corner of the corps de logis, perhaps by the naturalist Auguste Cornu of the Fontaine de Coincy. Alfred-Léon Gautam - Richard, Deputy of Guadeloupe and owner from 1906, changed the internal distribution of the logis and received much Grand Courtoiseau. From 1946, the property had many owners (including the writer Hervé Bazin who lived on the quasi-autarcie domain and wrote his last works, the singer Mouloudji, etc.) before being purchased in 1989 by its current owners who restore buildings with care and create since 1991 a garden refined. It was designed by Alain Richer and just be open to the visit.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Manor of Grand Courtoiseau, The current Manor, harmonious proportions, was erected in the 17th or 18th century instead of a rectangular fortress established to 1480 by Avy family. It is (...) Manor of Grand Courtoiseau, French Heritage monument to Trigueres trigueres, loiret
Men involved in this construction
- Richer alain (in French) architecte paysagiste
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.