Church Saint-Martin to Auradou

The single nave is covered with a paneling curved; its last span vaulted warheads, opens with arches broken on 2 side chapels forming false-transept, vaulted; the apse is covered with an apse. The building is built, in limestone rubble (South wall of the nave, chapels and sacristy), party stone (Western facade of the nave, talutes buttresses); the North wall of the nave has alternating way unit regular and rubble, bedside is mainly in rubble with the exception of the base and the last top seat in stone. The Western steeple-wall is discovered Gable, hollow tiles cover long pans on the nave, round rump on the bedside and lean-to on the chapels and sacristy.

According to Georges Tholin and Canon Durengues, Auradou name derives from a former oratory ('oratorio') later became the Saint-Martin Church (which the word certify seniority), which was rebuilt in the Romanesque period. This building from the 12th century (?) survives today only Portal South, mature and very degraded, with archivolt paired arches and walls with columns and capitals. Devastated during the wars of Religion, the Church is described "almost all ruined" by Nicolas de Villars in 1595. The nave is not Oak panelled in 1668, but the main Chapel of the Virgin, on the north side, is vaulted; a door drilled in the wall of the Gallery gives access to the adjoining presbytery backed the northern flank of the ship. Some works are carried out at the beginning of the 19th century: in 1823, the presbytery is rebuilt in the extension of the flat chevet, with reuse of the North chapel "to make a sacristy and a cellar for the serving". A poplar panelling is placed in the nave in 1829, and decorative paintings executed (in the choir?) by the painter Gayetant (GAB) Texidor, of Montaigu-de-Quercy, in 1836. In 1875 - 1876, a restoration project amounting to a total reconstruction, by the departmental architect Léopold Payen, provides for the destruction of the new presbytery as well as stables and discount attached since 1823, the North wall of the nave, the construction of a new sanctuary in a semi-circle, the rebuilding of the North Chapel and the construction of a chapel in, finally repair the Bell Tower and replacement of the paneling. The work is carried out in 1883 by entrepreneur Jean Tancogne. The current steeple-wall could be built later.

Source: Ministry of culture.

Church parish Saint-Martin
Crédit photo : (Church parish Saint-Martin, auradou)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Church parish Saint-Martin, The single nave is covered with a paneling curved; its last span vaulted warheads, opens with arches broken on 2 side chapels forming false-transept, vaulted; the apse is covered with an apse. The building is built, in limestone rubble (South wall of the nave, chapels and sacristy), party stone (Western facade of the nave, talutes buttresses); the North wall of the nave has alternating way unit regular and rubble, bedside is mainly in rubble with the exception of the base and the last top seat in stone. auradou, lot et garonne

Location and general information

  • identifier : 72820
  • item : église paroissiale Saint-Martin
  • Location of the building :
    • Aquitaine
    • Lot-et-Garonne
    • Auradou
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 47017
  • Zip code of the municipality : 47140
  • Order in the communal list : 9
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • church
    • parish church
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 3 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 12th century
    • 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1876
  • Investigation : 2003
  • Date taken into account : 2004/09/07

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 7 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • partial coating
    • average unit
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 7 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • round butt
    • shed
    • pinion discovered
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is hollow tile
  • Other about the composition roofs : 3 modes of coverage are listed
    • ribbed vault
    • cul-de-four
    • paneling of coverage
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 vessel
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'stained glass'
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'elongated plane'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : property of the municipality
  • Author of the survey MH : Maisonnave Jean Philippe
  • Mérimée reference : IA47002872

Men involved in this construction

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de patchie est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Church Saint-Martin to Auradou. Picture of patchie
église paroissiale Saint-Martin, auradou

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.