Appliance of rubble and stone mixed. A boom in flat tile covered Spire. The Church of Marcadis, located in the current cemetery, threatened ruin in the middle of the 19th century. In 1858, the construction of a new building is entrusted to Gustave Bourières, architect of the Department. The Church was rebuilt in 1860, at the expense of the parishioners according to the inscription on the wall of the gallery. Size of the ancient Church stones were used in the construction of the new. Mosaics of the 4th century have been discovered on this occasion, and used as pavement of the choir.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Parish Church Sainte-Radegonde., Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'église paroissiale Sainte-Radegonde.' à moncrabeau (lot et garonne 47600).moncrabeau, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.