Logis covered with a roof hipped, corner of the terrace towers covered with polygonal arrows. The noble House of Katarina or Casteron belongs in the 17th century to the Lissalde family, coming of Navarre in the 16th century, according to j.. and a. Barb. In 1667, the two west towers are shown as closing the lower court: they probably date from the 16th century, as well as a stone wall in the basement floor. The domain is purchased in 1780 by André de Laverny of Amblard, Maréchal des logis of the bodyguards of the King, residing in the castle of la Hitte. The logis was rebuilt between 1808 and 1842, dates of the two registers of Moncrabeau. Of important body building on the cadastral map of 1842 disappeared. The terrace seems to be composed of filling of the lower court. Casteron was acquired in 1893 by a Parisian banker, Jean Conrad Jameson. In 1915, Mrs. l. gélas becomes owner * She had a chapel in the Northwest Tower. The body of North building was added during the 19th century, with a stairway to the attic which served as warehouse.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Manor House., Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'maison de maître.' à moncrabeau (lot et garonne 47600).moncrabeau, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.