Medieval stronghold in stone, other coated rubble buildings. Buildings covered in tile hollow hipped or long sections, except the entrance pavilion and Chapel covered in flat tile in Pavilion, and the corner tower covered in flat tile with a conical roof. Stronghold of the 14th or the beginning of the 15th century, rectangular, 4 levels, located on a platform surrounded by berms and ditches. The field of Chanda purchased at Roger de Benque by Jean de la Devèze in 1534, according a count of 1729. The strong House is renovated in the 2nd half of the 16th century, Pierre de la Devèze, and especially for his son, Dominique de la Devèze, gentleman serving the Queen of Navarre (1582), Councillor and Treasurer of the Kingdom of Navarre (1590) * He founded the chapel Saint-Antoine de Charrin, according to noble of Guienne * the coat of arms of the Devèze appeared on a window, according to Samazeuilh * maison-forte is breakthrough new openings, and expanded to a body building to the North providing access to the logis * the House is surrounded by a wall protecting the dependencies, with round angle towers to the West (the South-West Tower on the cadastre of 1808 was demolished before 1842), entrance pavilion, Chapel in a pavilion to the Southeast * the House would have been lowered. Dated fountain 1717, feeding a pool. In the 19th century, the building received new openings, the Court was converted into a terrace, and dependencies have been reconstructed (partly destroyed recently).
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
strong House., Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'maison forte.' à moncrabeau (lot et garonne 47600).moncrabeau, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.