Church parish Saint-Cybar, French Heritage monument to Sembas
The stone of great apse appears to date from the middle of the middle ages. The first span and two side chapels form transept were built at the beginning of the 16th century. South and North chapels were constructed in two different campaigns during the 16th century. The bases of the Western spans of the nave (3rd span or steeple Tower deleted) indicate a completion in the 2nd half of the 16th century, possibly after the damage reported as a result of the wars of religion. In 1597, the Church has 3 vessels and 4 chapels. The chapels are open in aisle before 1734. The building is restored, and receives a new western façade pediments in 1813-1818 on the designs of Gilbert Delbrêl, architect at Villeneuve. Sacristy enlarged in 1875. Arch of the West span redone to 1879.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Church parish Saint-Cybar, The stone of great apse appears to date from the middle of the middle ages. The first span and two side chapels form transept were built at the beginning of (...) Church parish Saint-Cybar, French Heritage monument to Sembassembas, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.