Choir, chapels and Bell Tower in stone, aisles in coated rubble. A church Sainte-Colombe is mentioned in 1271. The building was rebuilt in the 1st half of the 16th century, with a polygonal choir vaulted warheads * the rectangular Tower and the two side chapels once dedicated to the Virgin and saint John could have completed a little later. In 1849, the Church was expanded to the West by Lagorce, contractor of the Church of Castelmoron (Chapel of the baptismal font, drum). In 1876, two aisles are created by Delmann, contractor to Villeneuve, under the direction of Adolphe Gilles, architect of Villeneuve, transforming the Latin cross plan plan extended to 3 vessels * opening by new arches on the nave and side chapels, they are vaulted in 1877 (date range). A project of brick arch hollow proposed by Ad. Gilles in 1885 is not realized.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Church parish Saint-Colombe, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Eglise paroissiale Saint-Colombe' à ste colombe de villeneuve (lot et garonne 47300).ste colombe de villeneuve, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.