Chorus stone except the upper part in rubble, nave and Chapel in rubble with Ashlar in reinvestment. The choir appears to date from the 12th century, with Windows pierced in the foothills, inner arches on balusters, a cord of billets, smooth-leaved capitals and pin-potato. The nave was rebuilt, probably at the end of the 15th or early 16th century, with a North Gate arched moulding * the side chapel once vaulted warheads belongs to this campaign or is little posterior. In 1833, the Church is considered completely dilapidated. The first layer of wall painting may have been carried out between the 17th and mid-19th century. The choir has been enhanced and transformed into Bell Tower, covered by a polygonal Spire (recently restored). Paintings in trompe-l'oeil choir date from the 2nd half of the 19th century.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Church Sainte-Madeleine parish, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Eglise paroissiale Sainte-Madeleine' à ste colombe de villeneuve (lot et garonne 47300).ste colombe de villeneuve, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.