Chapel Notre-Dame de Liesse and the end of the bridge, French Heritage monument to Villeneuve sur lot
Floors of basement brick wall cantilever on the Lot in pan de bois, other coated rubble walls. The chapel Notre-Dame de Gauch (of Liesse) or end of bridge is founded in 1289 according to legend: a statue of the Virgin Mary there was venerated by the Mariners. It was the chapel of the Citadel of the entrance to the bridge. In February 1600, heavily damaged by the storm that carries the bridge tower: rebuilt, it is completed by 1618, according to F. Mazet, or only in 1643, according to j. Sandra and. Of Zappino, with unused material for the repair of the bridge. The roofing in paneling is enhanced by Antoine Papou, Carpenter, and Antoine Philippes, macon, in 1657. The Bell Tower was covered in an imperial roof surmounted by a belfry, completed by an arrow, according to the design of the fortifications by Illac in 1792. The revolution, the tower was demolished. In 1825, the walls side Lot that threaten ruin and the bell tower are reconstructed, and the sacristy enlarged corbelling on the River, on consoles in stone and beams. In 1865, the sacristy and the facades on Notre-Dame Street are réédifiées to comply with the new alignment, with neo-Gothic décor
* the Interior is also restored in the 1860s-1870s. The aisseliers of the corbelling on the Lot were replaced by metal beams.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Chapel Notre-Dame de Liesse and the end of the bridge, Floors of basement brick wall cantilever on the Lot in pan de bois, other coated rubble walls. The chapel Notre-Dame de Gauch (of Liesse) or end of bridge is (...) Chapel Notre-Dame de Liesse and the end of the bridge, French Heritage monument to Villeneuve sur lot villeneuve sur lot, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.