Halle, French Heritage monument to Villeneuve sur lot
Building of the 19th century: metal Hall of 9 spans 3, with angles and main span stone, covered in Slate gambrel. Villeneuve had a place Lafayette Hall, which was rebuilt between 1777 and 1812 on the location of the cemetery of St. Catherine. In 1857, the project of reconstruction of a larger Church requires to consider the rebuilding of the Hall beside the Lot, on the location of the hotel of Vassal acquired in 1850 to rebuild the Church (first project abandoned). The building was built between 1865 and 1867, by the caca contractor, under the supervision of the architect of the city. Renovations are carried out in 1912. In 1962, the halle is amended, extended at both ends and in the square, with addition of shops: the elevation on the Lot is preserved and increased on the sides, the other elevations are redone in brick, and the monumental span is removed.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Halle, Building of the 19th century: metal Hall of 9 spans 3, with angles and main span stone, covered in Slate gambrel. Villeneuve had a place Lafayette Hall, which (...) Halle, French Heritage monument to Villeneuve sur lotvilleneuve sur lot, lot et garonne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.