Church Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours parish, French Heritage monument to Les salelles

NEF single covered a arch cradle broken replacing a vault of warheads which remains departures
* apse-vaulted apse and covered with a round butt
* side chapels arched barrel full-arch to the South and vaults in the North
* roofs of the nave and the apse covered slate schist
* out-of-work Tower next to the apse, covered square arrow of slate
* mural painting in the choir and on the triumphal arch: medallions containing depictions of the dove of the Holy Spirit and the Christ
* in the apse: angels bearing a Crown probable Construction of a chapel dedicated to Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Secours at the beginning of the 12th century for the Monastier monastery. This time remain the base of walls (stone device) and a part of the apse. The church became a parish church in 1155. Partial destruction in the 16th century. By the end of the 16th century date the vault arches of the nave and departures from the vaults of warheads disappeared. Around 1835 (date at the entrance), the facade repairs and construction of the tower. Decor painted in 1877

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Church Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours parish
(Church Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours parish, les salelles)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Church Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours parish, NEF single covered a arch cradle broken replacing a vault of warheads which remains departures; apse-vaulted apse and covered with a round butt; side chapels (...) Church Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours parish, French Heritage monument to Les salelles les salelles, lozere

Location and general information

  • identifier : 75877
  • item : Eglise Paroissiale Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours
  • Location of the building :
    • Languedoc-Roussillon
    • Lozère
    • Les Salelles
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 48185
  • Zip code of the municipality : 48230
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • church
    • parish church
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Year : 1835
  • Investigation : 1991
  • Date taken into account : 1996/08/12

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 3 different types :
    • rump
    • round butt
    • arrow square
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • shale coverage
  • Other about the composition roofs : 4 modes of coverage are listed
    • vault
    • barrel vault semicircular
    • cul-de-four
    • barrel vault
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 vessel
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'painting'
  • Representation : 3 ornamental motifs have been identified
    • angel
    • Christ
    • dove of the Holy Spirit
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'elongated plane'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • a constituent part in this construction : cemetery
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : public property
  • Picture : 28879c977f7b08ebff6a066c6ee285e7.jpg
  • Authors of the survey MH :
    • Darnas Isabelle
    • Grandjouan Marie-Sylvie
  • Mérimée reference : IA00133686

The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Languedoc-RoussillonB.P. 2051 - 5, rue de la Salle l'Evêque 34026 Montpellier - 04.67.02.32.00


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.