So-called Benedictine Cunault barn tithe barn, French Heritage monument to St clement des levees

The barn is divided internally into three vessels by divisions in timber and mud. La grange de Cunault belonged to the Priory of Notre-Dame de Cunault (municipality of Chênehutte-Trèves-Cunault, canton de Gennes, left bank of the Loire). There gathered the tithes due to the Priory in the scope of the parishes of the Valley. It is mentioned in 1222, and its Southeast Gable, three flat buttresses, appears to date from the 13th century. The frame, the Northwest gable and side walls were certainly rebuilt in the 16th century. The carriage door located on the northwest side and the cow barn adjacent to the Southeast gable are additions of the 19th century. The logis de farm and southern agricultural portions are also the 19th century.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

so-called Benedictine Cunault barn tithe barn
Crédit photo : (so-called Benedictine Cunault barn tithe barn, st clement des levees)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

so-called Benedictine Cunault barn tithe barn, The barn is divided internally into three vessels by divisions in timber and mud. La grange de Cunault belonged to the Priory of Notre-Dame de Cunault (municipa (...) So-called Benedictine Cunault barn tithe barn, French Heritage monument to St clement des levees st clement des levees, maine et loire

Location and general information

  • identifier : 79480
  • item : grange aux dîmes de bénédictins dite La Grange de Cunault
  • Location of the building :
    • Pays de la Loire
    • Maine-et-Loire
    • Saint-Clément-des-Levées
  • Place name : la Grange de Cunault
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 49272
  • Zip code of the municipality : 49350
  • Order in the communal list : 7
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • barn
    • tithe barn
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 16th century
    • 19th century
  • Investigation : 1996
  • Date taken into account : 2001/03/29

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 6 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • ashlar
    • combination device
    • stone
    • tuff
    • tufeau
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 5 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • shed
    • pinion discovered
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • ground floor
    • rez-de-chaussee
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'elongated plane'

Monument and history of the place

  • Interest of the building : Cet édifice est l'une des deux seules granges dîmières subsistant dans la vallée d'Anjou
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Remarkable elements : charpente
  • Constituent areas : 4 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • court
    • agricultural portions
    • by
    • share
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : farm

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Cussonneau Christian
  • Mérimée reference : IA49000513

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional des Pays de la Loire - Service du patrimoine - 1 rue de la Loire - 44966 Nantes cedex 9 - 02 28 20 54 70

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Utilisateur anonyme est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Utilisateur anonyme says of the history of this building :

L'édit de Henri II Plantagenet (vers 1160) qui donna uneforte impulsion à la mise en valeur de la Vallée d'Anjou, accordait aux paysans des facilités pour la livraison de leurs impôts en nature. Avant cet édit, les paysans dépendants des Abbés et Seigneurs résidants sur la rive sud de la Loire étaient tenus de les livrer aux granges seigneuriales et donc de leur faire traverser le fleuve. Désormais les lieux de dépôt seront installés dans la vallée sur la rive nord. L'immense bâtiment, mentionné par un texte de 1222, existe toujours.

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

So-called Benedictine Cunault barn tithe barn, French Heritage monument to St clement des levees. Picture of Utilisateur anonyme
grange aux dîmes de bénédictins dite La Grange de Cunault, st clement des levees
Description of this building by Utilisateur anonyme :

grange de Cunaud


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.