Foundation of a Priory in the 11th century. The Romanesque church whose plan included the Abbey of Cerisy, consecrated Church in 1154. At an unspecified date, the Church is divided into two parts by a shear wall. To the East, the choir, the transept and the last span of the nave were reserved for monks. West of the nave served as the parish population. In the middle of the 15th century, after a fire, the part reserved for the monks was rebuilt in flamboyant Gothic, without modification to the countertop and original novels volumes. In 1767, the inadequacy of monks entails the transfer of the parish office in the Priory Church and the destruction of the nave. Is a building of a span, with its side aisles, a transept and a choir terminated by a semi-circular apse. Above the cross is a covered Square Tower with a Saddleback roof.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : Babass 14 (Church Priory Saint-Fromond, st fromond)
Church Priory Saint-Fromond, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Eglise priorale Saint-Fromond' à st fromond (manche 50620).st fromond, manche
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.