The school of Arts and crafts (whose origin is the school Liancourt in 1780) moved to Châlons in 1806 in the buildings of the former Seminary (dating from 1781-1787) and of the former convent of the ladies did (built between 1759 and 1763). The change and evolution of the school resulted in amendments and new constructions during the 19th century: development of the course, the former Seminary becomes housing students, ladies did building used workshops and housing of the Director to the middle of the 19th century. Construction of an infirmary in 1853-1854 M. Isabelle plans. Workshops rebuilt after a fire in 1895, two building campaigns: one at the end of the 19th century (machine shop), the other after the first World War (foundry).
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
National School of Arts and crafts, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers' à chalons en champagne (marne 51000).chalons en champagne, marne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.