briqueterie Lombard-Bastin, Lombard Frères et Cie, Tuileries et Briqueteries de la Marne
The department of the Marne contains clean clay has to make pottery. One manufactures some has Fismes, has Epernay and has Rheims. One finds there also grounds has tiles and has bricks: they feed the tileries and brickyards spread on its surface.
The brickyard is built about 1875 by Lombard and Bastin. thereafter, the company becomes Lombard Freres and Co at the beginning of the 20th century, then shortly after Tuileries and Brickyards of the Marne, whose seat has Dizy.
The superstructures of the site, destroyed during the First World War, will be completely rebuilt about 1920.
The company will cease its activity in the years 1970.
Currently of soldery.
With most extremely of its activity, before the destruction dependent on the First World War, the production unit occupied 200 workmen.
One finds trace of the activity of this company in some reviews of time such as ceramics. In 1913 one could read a remark on the taxation and in 1914 information of dissolution:
Town dues on brick
Letter of Misters LOMBARD brothers and Co pointing out to us that the discussion which was inseree with the official report of February 5 and relating to the desire expresses by some members to see changing the current mode of tax on bricks to the granting of Paris could be taken into account only in the presence of all the interested manufacturers. Mr. President. I in a few words point out the history of this business.
Mr. BAUDELOT had pointed out that the bricks transportees by boat received the rain for one month while leaving they weighed 2 kgs 500 while arriving has Paris, they weigh 3 kgs; the granting taxes on this weight of 3 kgs one thus pays the granting of this fact on 500 grams of water one (etc)
Bricks. Company Lombard brothers and Co, fab. bricks, has Champigny-sur-Vesle, Marne, since November 24, 1913. Liquidators: associate.
Crédit photo : bous (Brickyard Lombard-Bastin, then Lombard brothers and co., then Tuileries and brick of the Marne, then shop trade., champigny)
Brickyard Lombard-Bastin, then Lombard brothers and co., then Tuileries and brick of the Marne, then shop trade., Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'briqueterie Lombard-Bastin, puis Lombard Frères et Cie, puis Tuileries et Briqueteries de la Marne, puis magasin de commerce.' à champigny (marne 51370). La briqueterie est construite vers 1875 par Lombard et Bastin. par la suite, la société devient champigny, marne
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Champagne-Ardenne3, Faubourg Saint-Antoine 51037 Châlons-en-Champagne - 03.26.70.36.81
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by bous :
Fin mars 1984.La haute cheminée, 40 m, va s'abattre.Ces deux photos prises et montées l'une contre l'autre rappellent ce que la population du village a vécu ce jour-là.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.