Castle of the 1st half of the 17th century with the location of a residence more former (engraved by Claude Chastillon), whose party is retained by the 4 corner towers and the moat. in return for part 2 wings and side of the corps de logis central no longer exist in their original state: the right one was destroyed in 1880 and the left has been transformed into Portal (its upper stage, which was shaved, is a modern restoration, 4th quarter 20th century) * some changes around 1723 when Marie Leczinska came to France and spent in Etoges: change in access, new stone bridge, Gates wrought iron, statues of lions flanking the passage * completely changed Interior distribution
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Castle, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Château' à etoges (marne 51270).etoges, marne
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.