Russian Orthodox Chapel, French Heritage monument to St hilaire le grand
This orthodoxe vault built in 1937 beside the Russian military cemetery, raises the style of the Russian churches of the 15th century.
Albert Alexandrovitch Benois * is also the author of the painted decoration, whose iconostase which separate the nave of the apse and which presents icons of the Annunciation and the four evangelists.
The interior of the church comprises also commemorative plaques in remembering the 4000 dead Russian soldiers to the field of honor in France between 1916 and 1918.
* the architect, decorator and graphic designer Albert Alexandrovitch Benois and of his wife Margarita Alexandrovna, rest both in the crypt of the Russian cemetery of Holy Genevieve of Wood.
Crédit photo : Lomyre (Russian Orthodox Chapel, st hilaire le grand)
Russian Orthodox Chapel, The Orthodox chapel was built in 1937 near the Russian military cemetery in the style of Russian churches from the 15th century. Albert Alexandrovitch Benois (...) Russian Orthodox Chapel, French Heritage monument to St hilaire le grand st hilaire le grand, marne
Men involved in this construction
- Benois albert-alexandrovitch (in French) maître de l'oeuvre
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.