moulin à tan ; tannerie ; scierie du Pilan ; saboterie ; clouterie, actuellement usine de béton réfractaire

Office and foreman housing: coated mechanical tile
* factory chimney: brick
* 4 workshops: rubble without chain size, coated stone. housing management: 1 floor square
* shelter: concrete tan mill built in 1808 and regulates in 1810. The tanning of skins is convenient to the 1824. Transformation in sawmill and clog in 1888. Reconstruction or expansion of buildings in 1896 and 1902. Employer housing built in 1908. Additional buildings constructed in 1921 at a new transformation in wire and nails, she even closed in 1958. Since 1964 the premises are occupied by a unit of manufacture of refractory concrete has industrial uses, Floodway has been filled and buildings were rebuilt.35 HP turbine was implemented in 1921, there are surviving the wheel axis. The factory housed 120-130 machines between 1921 and 1939.Personnel: 50 in 1921, 70 in 1994

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Moulin à tan; tannery; the Pilán mill; clog; nails, currently plant of refractory concrete
Crédit photo : (Moulin à tan; tannery; the Pilán mill; clog; nails, currently plant of refractory concrete, bayonville sur mad)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Moulin à tan; tannery; the Pilán mill; clog; nails, currently plant of refractory concrete, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'moulin à tan ; tannerie ; scierie du Pilan ; saboterie ; clouterie, actuellement usine de béton réfractaire' à bayonville sur mad (meurthe et moselle 54890). bayonville sur mad, meurthe et moselle

Location and general information

  • identifier : 84128
  • item : moulin à tan ; tannerie ; scierie du Pilan ; saboterie ; clouterie, actuellement usine de béton réfractaire
  • Location of the building :
    • Lorraine
    • Meurthe-et-Moselle
    • Bayonville-sur-Mad
  • Address : C.D.952
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 54055
  • Zip code of the municipality : 54890
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 9 names :
    • mill
    • wireworks
    • plant hardware
    • sawmill
    • shelter
    • tannery
    • plant
    • mill tan
    • plant related to woodworking
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : restored

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 5 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 1st quarter 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
    • 20th century
    • 1st quarter 20th century
  • Years :
    • 1808
    • 1896
    • 1902
    • 1908
    • 1921
  • Investigation : 1996
  • Date taken into account : 1999/10/26

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 7 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • brick
    • ashlar
    • concrete
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 2 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 floor square
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 12 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • housing
    • industrial warehouse
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • housing employers
    • office
    • plant
    • industrial store
    • shelter
    • housing foreman
    • store
    • fireplace
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property © lorraine region
  • Author of the survey MH : Thiébaut Pascal
  • Mérimée reference : IA54000115

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Manuel Bazaille est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by Manuel Bazaille :

Suite à la fermeture de la clouterie en 1957, une fabrique spécialisée dans la confection de bétons réfractaires, la "Pasek" prit la suite une dizaine d'années plus tard avant de fermer à son tour en 2002. (Cliché août 2013).

  1. Sources: _LEMOINE Hubert ; "Le pilan d'écorce" ; Nos Villages lorrains ; n°130 ; janvier 2013.
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.