Basilique Saint-Epvre, French Heritage monument to Nancy
The first Basilica of Saint-Epvre is attested in the 12th century. a second basilica was rebuilt from 1436. The reconstruction of the third Basilica is decided in 1861 * the project of Prosper Morey is accepted in 1863. The new Church, skewed compared to the former, was rebuilt between 1864 and 1875 (1864-05-29: laying of the first stone, 20/08/1871: completion of the arrow, 1875-07-07: consecration). It is a highly representative building of the neo-Gothic style. It has retained all of its furniture (altar, choir stalls, chairs, work benches made by Klem de Colmar, communion table, desks,...). Most of the stained glass comes from Carl Geyling workshops * some of the murals is due to Antoine Sublet (in particular, l ' Apocalypse ').
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Basilique Saint-Epvre, nancy)
Basilique Saint-Epvre, The first Basilica of Saint-Epvre is attested in the 12th century. a second basilica was rebuilt from 1436. The reconstruction of the third Basilica is decided (...) Basilique Saint-Epvre, French Heritage monument to Nancynancy, meurthe et moselle
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.