Careers wheat mill, then mill tan and starch manufacturer, currently House and farm, French Heritage monument to Vacqueville

Industrial site served by particular way
* Workshop: McDonald without stone, shed
* housing management: 1 square floor, roof long half-timbered mill wheat mentioned for the first time in 1530 (dated by historical works). Property of the Abbey of Haute Seille until 1791, then covers moulin's career. He is Deputy a mill to tan at an unknown date. Enlarged in 1861 (dated by source) as a result of its partial transformation in potato starch. Still had in 1863 two grinding wheat and a pestle to bark a single waterwheel-driven. Plant regulated in 1863
* abandonment of wheat and milling of the grinding of the tan before 1894, decommissioning of the undertaking between 1914 and 1920. Currently home closes. Part of the buildings and the canal is located on the territory of the commune of Merviller (cadastral survey: 1989 B1 8, 10, 11)

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Careers wheat mill, then mill tan and starch manufacturer, currently House and farm

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Careers wheat mill, then mill tan and starch manufacturer, currently House and farm, « Careers wheat mill, then mill tan and starch manufacturer, currently House and farm » is a construction of the city of Vacqueville (France, Meurthe et moselle). Careers wheat mill, then mill tan and starch manufacturer, currently House and farm, French Heritage monument to Vacqueville vacqueville, meurthe et moselle

Location and general information

  • identifier : 85435
  • item : moulin à blé des Carrières, puis moulin à tan et féculerie, actuellement maison et ferme
  • Location of the building :
    • Lorraine
    • Meurthe-et-Moselle
    • Vacqueville
  • Address : R.D.167
  • Place name : les Carrières
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 54539
  • Zip code of the municipality : 54540
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 4 names :
    • mill
    • Grist Mill
    • mill tan
    • starch
  • State : The building had 2 different states :
    • disrepair
    • abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 4 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 16th century
    • 2nd quarter 16th century
    • 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
  • Years :
    • 1530
    • 1861
  • Investigation : 1993
  • Date taken into account : 1999/10/26

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 4 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • ashlar
    • stone
    • sandstone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 3 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • shed
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 floor square
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 6 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • housing
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • housing employers
    • channel
    • shelter
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use : This building has been used in different ways over time. We know 2 successive uses. :
    • home
    • farm

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property © lorraine region
  • Author of the survey MH : Thiébaut Pascal
  • Mérimée reference : IA54000965

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.