Parish Church St. Martin, French Heritage monument to Les eparges

Church built in 1852, destroyed in 1915, rebuilt in 1929 on the same site by Tee, architect in Heudicourt, Bucchiazzo, contractor Hannonville, Donzelli, sculptor in Lacroix-sur-Meuse, Müller painter verrier Mousson, way, Carpenter in Thiaucourt and blessed on April 8, 1929. Baptism of the three bells of the Foundry g. Farnier Robécourt, Vosges, on the same day. Blessing of the cross on November 21, 1929. Inscription on west wall of the nave: D.O.M. ST MARTIN of the EPARGES church built in 1852. Detruite destroyed in 1915, has been rebuilt in 1929 on the same location and embellished by the donations of parishioners and the offerings of pilgrims to the tombs _Mres. It was blessed on April 8, 1929 his e.g. Bishop Ginisty, Bishop of Verdun Abbot e. tripod pastor, j. Pancher Mayor.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Parish Church St. Martin
Crédit photo : (Parish Church St. Martin, les eparges)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Parish Church St. Martin, Church built in 1852, destroyed in 1915, rebuilt in 1929 on the same site by Tee, architect in Heudicourt, Bucchiazzo, contractor Hannonville, Donzelli, (...) Parish Church St. Martin, French Heritage monument to Les eparges les eparges, meuse

Location and general information

  • identifier : 86466
  • item : Eglise paroissiale Saint-Martin
  • Location of the building :
    • 55
    • Les Eparges
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 55172
  • Zip code of the municipality : 55160
  • Order in the communal list : 2
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • church
    • parish church
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Years :
    • 1852
    • 1929
  • Investigation : 1986
  • Date taken into account : 1987 AVANT

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • arrow square
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • A mode of coverage listed 'ribbed vault'
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 3 vessels
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology : The typology consists of 3 elements
    • bell tower in front-work
    • false church transept
    • polygonal apse
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'Latin cross plan'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : property of the municipality © lorraine region
  • Mérimée reference : IA00036466

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63

Men involved in this construction

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Manuel Bazaille est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by Manuel Bazaille :

Les Éparges. L'église Saint-Martin.

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Parish Church St. Martin, French Heritage monument to Les eparges. Picture of Manuel Bazaille
Eglise paroissiale Saint-Martin, les eparges
Description of this building by Manuel Bazaille :

Les Éparges. Complètement détruite lors du premier conflit mondial, l'église fut reconstruite après la guerre.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.