Fortification of agglomeration, French Heritage monument to Montmedy
Montmédy-down has existed since the 13th century. In the 16th century on the makes flood that the Citadel is more easily challengeable. In 1681 (dating by historical works), Louis XIV was surrounded by an enclosure of 1230 metres long flanked by crenellated towers. In 1698 (historical works dating), Vauban built the outer fortifications of the lower town. The fortifications of Montmédy-down will be demolished in 1882 by decision of the municipal Council
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : Milena (fortification of agglomeration, montmedy)
fortification of agglomeration, Montmédy-down has existed since the 13th century. In the 16th century on the makes flood that the Citadel is more easily challengeable. In 1681 (dating by (...) Fortification of agglomeration, French Heritage monument to Montmedy montmedy, meuse
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Lorraine - service régional de l'inventaire généralHôtel Ferraris - 29, rue du Haut Bourgeois 54000 Nancy - 03.83.32.90.63
Men involved in this construction
- Vauban sébastien le prestre de, marquis (in French) ingénieur militaire
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by Milena :
Au coin du Chemin des Remparts et de la Rue Neuve.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.