Chapel Notre-Dame de Locmaria and Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros, French Heritage monument to Guidel

Chapel in Latin cross plan with nave and little accentuated transept, sacristy floor become chorus. Nave in rubble granite, sacristy and arm of the transept stone, Western gable stone. Small sacristy coated. Fountain of devotion of the fountain-wall type, with large pool double enclosure walls. Monolithic cross rectangular monolith base and bedrock stone details, table offerings. Locmaria chapel built in several stages: nave of the first half of the 17th century, transept and vestry floor built in 1786, finally the small sacristy open to the northeast in 1887. The Western facade and the Bell Tower date from 1858, frames in a neo-Gothic style under the direction of Jarvis, architect in Pontivy. The Interior is also completely restored in 1887 by the Augustin Le Quintrec contractor: the low hanger Vault paneled is replaced by a vaulted plaster with cornice and a few crowns. The old sacristy becomes the current choir illuminated by a window of the apse. Cross on the placitre from the 17th century. Fountain of devotion dated 1811, located at the entrance of the village.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Chapel Notre-Dame de Locmaria and Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros
Crédit photo : (Chapel Notre-Dame de Locmaria and Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros, guidel)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Chapel Notre-Dame de Locmaria and Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros, Chapel in Latin cross plan with nave and little accentuated transept, sacristy floor become chorus. Nave in rubble granite, sacristy and arm of the transept (...) Chapel Notre-Dame de Locmaria and Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros, French Heritage monument to Guidel guidel, morbihan

Location and general information

  • identifier : 89481
  • item : chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Locmaria et Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros
  • Location of the building :
    • Bretagne
    • Morbihan
    • Guidel
  • Place name : Locmaria
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 56078
  • Zip code of the municipality : 56520
  • Order in the communal list : 3
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : chapel
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Years :
    • 1786
    • 1811
    • 1858
    • 1887
  • Investigation : 1998
  • Date taken into account : 2002/10/04

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
    • granite
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 6 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • pavilion roof
    • pinion discovered
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • A mode of coverage listed 'false barrel vault'
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 vessel
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'sculpture'
  • Representation :
    • the only ornament listed is 'my'
  • Typology : The typology consists of 5 elements
    • cross monolith
    • sacristy floor
    • Wall fountain
    • Stand and base
    • offering table
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'Latin cross plan'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 5 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • fountain
    • fountain of devotion
    • monumental cross
    • monument
    • cross
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other : 2 various other information are available
    • topic type has
    • subject type support: sprocket West owned by the municipality
  • Authors of the survey MH :
    • Tanguy-Schroër Judith
    • Toscer Catherine
  • Mérimée reference : IA56000269

The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire BretagneHôtel de Blossac - 6, rue du Chapitre 35044 Rennes Cedex - 02.99.29.67.67

Men involved in this construction

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de donat est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Chapel Notre-Dame de Locmaria and Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros, French Heritage monument to Guidel. Picture of donat
chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Locmaria et Notre-Dame-de-Beaupros, guidel

source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.