Today mixed primary boys school, French Heritage monument to Maroilles
The school is organised around a large courtyard bordered by school buildings but also by a former habitat located behind the parish church. The main building due to masters has a floor in five bays. The adjoining wing perpendicular has been transformed by the architect Lafitte in the 1950s. The first school for boys of maroilles cheese was installed briefly with the Town Hall, the Vicarage, the room music in the old communal house. Before the increase in the number of students, including inmates, the construction of a school, for boys, is determined. In 1856, a first draft of independent school, located on the place Verte, was finally abandoned. In 1868 are voted appropriations of construction under the mandate of the Mayor Bachy
* the masters now architect proposed plans in 1869. These include a building on the ground floor housing classes, a gymnasium and the housing of the teacher that also incorporates the dorm's residents. The local traditional fabrics, brick and blue stone of Mahmood, are used. These early works are from 1869 to 1872. As early as 1873, the decision was taken to expand the school because the boarding school of 15 beds proves insufficient. In 1882, the municipality has the desire to create a higher course two years both the boys and girls school and a child class in the girls school. At this date, the masters plans, building classes is raised and new features added, such as a learning workshop. However, the architect masters died in 1886
* the new constructions have been completed in 1890. The work of redevelopment of the buildings, including a Hall, are undertaken by Demessine architect and contractor Croleaux under the mandate of Ramen in 1931 and 1932. Other buildings are added probably in the 1950s on the site of the garden by the architect Henri Lafitte.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Today mixed primary boys school, The school is organised around a large courtyard bordered by school buildings but also by a former habitat located behind the parish church. The main building (...) Today mixed primary boys school, French Heritage monument to Maroilles maroilles, nord
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional du Nord - Pas-de-Calais - DAIRE151 Bd Hoover 59555 Lille Cedex - 03 28 82 67 40
Men involved in this construction
- Lafitte henri (in French) architecte
- Meurant gustave (in French) architecte
- Demessine (in French) architecte
- Croleaux (in French) entrepreneur
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.