So-called industrial dairy dairy October, industrial dairy, hog, French Heritage monument to Maroilles

The dairy is composed of a main building in brick, which in has been attached a smaller, serving as a place of storage. An unloading Wharf was built before the dairy, no doubt in the interwar period. The pigsty is located at the rear of the parcel. Following the agricultural crisis of 1873-1896, the area between the Sambre and the Oise operates a transformation of its agricultural economy: the crops give way to pastures, livestock and dairy production becoming first. In this context for the conversion of the Avesnois, a cooperative dairy barn was founded in 1886 by master Azambre father, not far from the railway station of Hachette, at halfway of the village. The halt of Hachette, permanently based in 1887, is located on the line from Saint-Quentin to Erquelines. The industrial plant belongs to the company maroillaises dairies, managed by Théophile Dehorter. Owing to its unhealthy characteristics - it includes 150 pigs - and its proximity to dwellings, it is transformed in 1891. The dairy can treat 20,000 liters of milk per day. From 1924, Marc Doctobre became tenant, then owner in 1928. The pigsty is today converted into a farm, while the dairy falls in ruins.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

so-called industrial dairy dairy October, industrial dairy, hog

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

so-called industrial dairy dairy October, industrial dairy, hog, The dairy is composed of a main building in brick, which in has been attached a smaller, serving as a place of storage. An unloading Wharf was built before the (...) So-called industrial dairy dairy October, industrial dairy, hog, French Heritage monument to Maroilles maroilles, nord

Location and general information

  • identifier : 98154
  • item : laiterie industrielle dite laiterie Doctobre, fromagerie industrielle, porcherie
  • Location of the building :
    • Nord-Pas-de-Calais
    • Maroilles
  • Address : 669 rue des Juifs
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 59384
  • Zip code of the municipality : 59550
  • Order in the communal list : 26
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 5 names :
    • industrial dairy
    • dairy
    • cheese
    • dairy industry
    • piggery
  • State : The building had 2 different states :
    • abandoned
    • overgrown

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1886
  • Investigation : 1999
  • Date taken into account : 2003/03/14

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 2 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • brick
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • gable roof
    • sprocket cover
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Guillot Catherine
  • Mérimée reference : IA59000774

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional du Nord - Pas-de-Calais - DAIRE151 Bd Hoover 59555 Lille Cedex - 03 28 82 67 40


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.