Court, then common house and rectory, and Hall primary school, French Heritage monument to Maroilles
The Town Hall is composed of a home five-span brick with a basement and angles limestone known as blue stone policies. On the gable is kept a blue stone mullioned window. The other bays of the pinion are also framed blue stone. The façade was covered with a cement coating and redistributed symmetrically openings. At the rear of parcel, on the street of the Lieutenant, organized around a courtyard, lies school consisting of a main building with a wing of a span in return. The main body constructs in 1875 has a floor with four bays, as well as a top floor built to House dormitories. This building was expanded in 1882 by the addition of a building adjoining two storey, consisting of a span that closes the Court a building back on the street of the Lieutenant. The masonry of the two buildings of the former girls school is in brick. The facade of the town hall was coated in the 19th century and after 1919. The common house is installed in 1791 in the former 'registry of audience of the now defunct seigneurialle jurisdiction' which dates from the 17th century (it appears on the terrier of 1783 map: plate XVII No. 764 and on the map by mass culture from 1802-1805, section A No. 52). In the 19th century, the Town Hall hosts many functions: as a result of the Revolution, it is home to the rectory until 1837, the boys school moved in 1872 behind the Church and the music room. In 1875, the architect Gustave Meurant and Alphonse Tessier contractor add a wing perpendicular to the town hall to accommodate the girls school. It was expanded in 1882: 1875 wing is extended and a return is built until Lieutenant Street.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Court, then common house and rectory, and Hall primary school, The Town Hall is composed of a home five-span brick with a basement and angles limestone known as blue stone policies. On the gable is kept a blue stone (...) Court, then common house and rectory, and Hall primary school, French Heritage monument to Maroilles maroilles, nord
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional du Nord - Pas-de-Calais - DAIRE151 Bd Hoover 59555 Lille Cedex - 03 28 82 67 40
Men involved in this construction
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.