Timber House, French Heritage monument to Compiegne
This house is entirely out of wood. The corbelling is appuye on two large columns without sculptures. The pinion facing the Church east surrounds by an accodance going down on trefoil warheads supported by two naked consoles. In 1411, this house was a hotel with the sign of the red hats.
In 1456, it paid 6 sums of money parisis taxable quota at the City. It had, like owner in 1582, Nicolas Broutin, in 1628, Antoine Crin, of 1752 has 1796, Jean Boitel, forest administrator. It had a door cochere on the street of the Gate St Antoine, today of Austerlitz, behind a passage going to the Walk-with-fruits (Bazin, 220).
It was habitee in 1863, by Mrs Cateau, born Dermigny, grainetiere, which sold it at the City in 1923. to remove a dangerous turning has its junction with the street of Cordeliers.
This house, very abimee during the war of 1914, was reparee while waiting for its demolition.
Crédit photo : webmaster (Timber House, compiegne)
Timber House, « Timber House » is a construction of the city of Compiegne (France, Oise). Timber House, French Heritage monument to Compiegne compiegne, oise
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.