Industrial dairy Maggi, French Heritage monument to St omer en chaussee
This dairy, located in the heart of the village is served by a branch rail line, connecting it directly to the station of Saint-Omer-en-Chaussée. If most of the architectural volumes are still in place, the buildings underwent significant changes, both in the openings in the blankets. The engine room and boiler room, as well as the tapered fireplace brick, were destroyed. The dairy itself is high on two-story square brick with partial cement coating, leaving spans rhythm caused by exposed brick in wall jambs left harps play. Originally, this building had a roof truss in zinc with central overhead lighting. These provisions have been replaced on the first body of building by a simple roof long pans and covered gears, and on the second, a roof terrace, very slightly sloping. The reinforced concrete dock, located to the West, is protected by a lean-to. Roadside, to the East, the stables adopt the same type of unit as the dairy. They are on the ground floor and receive a long pans and covered Gables asbestos cement roof. The barn was destroyed, replaced recently by a building with steel structure covered with corrugated sheets. In the heart of a competition dominated by the Charles Gervais company area, the Swiss company Maggi, also called the hygienic beverage company, installs in 1899 a milk depot at Saint-Omer-en-Chaussée. The selected site is located in the immediate vicinity of the station to cover a large collection area to guarantee a timely delivery to Paris. The establishment, considered a dairy model, provides a high quality milk, guaranteed by a closing bottles in glass or porcelain by stamps. In this qualitative research approach, it is also one of the rare dairies equipped with a laboratory. In 1903, the increase and the Organization of the collection of milk requires the construction of new stables next to the former. This new building, built by architect Felix Besencenet, is home to 20 locations. At the same time, a pigsty, capable of accommodating 25 pigs is also built. This equipment was particularly necessary for small milk that could be marketed. In 1932, the dairy owned by the company Giacomo brothers, de Mantes-Gassicourt (Mantes la Jolie, Yvelines). After the cessation of activity occurred at an unknown date, the buildings are bought by the commune, which installed its municipal workshops. 1904: Installation of Gasifier Javal acetylene for factory lighting.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Industrial dairy Maggi, st omer en chaussee)
Industrial dairy Maggi, This dairy, located in the heart of the village is served by a branch rail line, connecting it directly to the station of Saint-Omer-en-Chaussée. If most of (...) Industrial dairy Maggi, French Heritage monument to St omer en chaussee st omer en chaussee, oise
Men involved in this construction
- Besencenet félix (in French) architecte
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.