Fortified gate, French Heritage monument to Trie chateau

Trye-Castle, Trye-Castle and better sorts-Castle (Castrum of tria) is a pretty village, 28 km from Beauvais, at the confluence of the Troësne and L'aunette, and on the road to Rouen in Beauvais, who was long an important place; It was the outpost of France towards the Norman border. The castle which gave birth was founded, in the time of King Philippe Ier, by Chaumont Dreux, brother of Hugues Pille-oats and Enguerrand, comte de Chaumont, who, towards the end of his life, became a monk at Saint-Germer.

The Lords of sorts held a rank in the history of France. John II, of sorts, was fighting at the battle of Bouvines, near Philippe Auguste. John III, of sorts-Dammartin, was at war with Simon of Nesle, the gown, Bishop of Beauvais. and died in 1301, at the battle of Mons-en-Pincelle. The other Lords of sorts include an Archbishop of Reims, an Admiral, a great master of Crossbowmen, several chamberlains and marshals of France. The Châtellenie of sorts included under its movement the Lordships of Serifontaine, of Vaumain, of Flavacourt, Chambors, etc., etc. It was in the houses of Dammartin, Chabannes, Montmorency, Bourbon-Estouteville, Longueville Bourbon and Bourbon-Conti.

The castle was originally a double enclosure. The first, as the great path of France and Normandy, took the form of an arc of a circle which the Troësne River formed the rope; It was defended by a large wall that relied on both ends, on Celtic River and was pierced by two doors, the door of Gisors and Chaumont. The second speaker was the castle itself; He supported the first and in the middle. Its form was pentagonal, and three towers linked by curtain walls with machicolation, formed the main defence; in the Middle, and a height of reported land, was the Dungeon. When the Normandy became French, this castle underwent many changes. Adrienne of Estouteville, wife of François de Bourbon, count of Saint-Pol, who stayed there, made according to usage, a Marina residence, and did shoot down most of the defence works; She died there in 1560 and was buried in the parish church of Sainte-Madeleine. It is to this Princess to be the three towers and the two buildings that met them, called the old Castle of the time of the princes of Conti. They were raise in return for square a new chateau which they boasted off the magnificence.

TRIE was one of their holiday of choice because of the benefits that this area offered at the time of the hunt. Louis II de Bourbon-Conti, offered in June 1769, an asylum Jean-Jacques Rousseau at the castle of sorts; He lived a year in a room located on the second floor of the tower which only remains of the old Castle, and this is where it ended, said, or revit his Emile. living in solitude and retirement, and visiting only at rare intervals the Abbess of Gomerfontaine, Ms. de Nadaillac.

The castle of sorts had been transferred, by the House of Conti, Monsieur, brother of Louis XVI; It was sold and destroyed at the revolution, with the exception of the Tower in the middle and a few rooms which, fortunately repaired and embellished in recent times, are today in the hands of the family of Mr. the County c. de La Ferronnays, one of pleasant homes in the surrounding area. The Church of sorts was reconstructed several times; but its Portal, which seems to date from the 8th or 9th century, is extremely curious: it is one of the oldest religious monuments in the Department of Oise. TRIE-Château is so named to distinguish it from sorts la - Ville, located one kilometer more in the North on the banks of the L'aunette. There was, before the revolution, to Gomerfontaine, between sorts and Cliaumont, a religious of the order of Citeaux Abbey; It was converted to farm. In the nearby woods, antique dealers admire a well-preserved dolmen. Mr. Fortelle farm was once, so that its name implies a strong House, stronghold of the Châtellenie of sorts, that she even dependent on the Bailiwick of Senlis. TRIE-Château is the homeland of the conventional Dupuis, author of the origin of all religions. Is made of lace, and most of the inhabitants, that care of agriculture demand, are a lucrative occupation in a beautiful spinning of wool, which occupies the site of the old banal mill.

Source: The illustrated France. Geography, history, administration and statistics by Victor-Adolphe Malte-Brun

Fortified gate
Crédit photo : (Fortified gate, trie chateau)


Heritage listed, historical monument, or having been under investigation

Structural information

Fortified gate, « Fortified gate » is a construction of the city of Trie chateau (France, Oise). Fortified gate, French Heritage monument to Trie chateau trie chateau, oise

Location and general information

  • identifier : 99824
  • item : Porte fortifiée
  • Location of the building :
    • Oise
    • Trie-Château
  • Address : R.N. 181
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 60644
  • Zip code of the municipality : 60590
  • Order in the communal list : 7
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 4 names :
    • door
    • city ??gate
    • city
    • port
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • The building dates mainly from the period : 15th century
  • Date of protection : 1936/12/20 : classé MH
  • Date taken into account : 1993/12/03

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • We do not have this information.
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : owned by the 1992 municipality
  • Details : Porte fortifiée du 15e siècle : classement par décret du 20 décembre 1936
  • Mérimée reference : PA00114929

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Petite Jeanne est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.

Fortified gate, French Heritage monument to Trie chateau. Picture of Petite Jeanne
Porte fortifiée, trie chateau
Description of this building by Petite Jeanne :

trie chateau 60590

Fortified gate, French Heritage monument to Trie chateau. Picture of Petite Jeanne
Porte fortifiée, trie chateau
Description of this building by Petite Jeanne :

trie chateau 60590


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.