Moulin à Farine, Tissage

Office brick and coated, long sided slate-roof
* 2 workshops to 1 square floor surmounted of a peak stage, long sided slate-roof
* Another workshop in ground floor and height in addition, granite and brick, long sided slate-roof
* a workshop on the ground floor of basement floor, more floor height, granite and brick, roof long half-timbered with slate
* a last set of workshops, on the ground floor, brick, covered with sheds in Slate and glass. shed agglomerated concrete and wood or metal, long pans of cement asbestos or metal roof. The m2 site surface: 28000
* surface built in m2: 2900 mill flour attested in 1809, producing daily 3, 2 quintals of wheat flour and sarrazin. converted to weaving by Rallu in 1867
* produced exclusively in 1919 paintings by household pure wire and Métis, exported in Normandy, in Maine and in Paris
* specializing in 1927 in the weaving of hemp linens
* cessation of activity after 1920
* buildings reused in 1958 by the company Manuplast for the processing of plastic materials and production of industrial parts quote injection, compression and blowing, bottles, cans, jars for cosmetics
* production capacity was 300 tons in 1972
* occupies a total area of 28000 m².44 trades in 1900 and 1910. 65 business in 1919
* steam engine of 60 HP and hydraulic of 10 HP in 1914
* 1919.23 80 HP steam engine weavers and 40 workers in 1883
* 70 workers in 1913
* 76 workers in 1919
* 65 workers in 1989
* strike in 1882

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Flour, weaving mill
Crédit photo : (Flour, weaving mill, la ferte mace)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Flour, weaving mill, Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Moulin à Farine, Tissage' à la ferte mace (orne 61600). la ferte mace, orne

Location and general information

  • identifier : 100424
  • item : Moulin à Farine, Tissage
  • Location of the building :
    • Basse-Normandie
    • Orne
    • La Ferté-Macé
  • Place name : Fimbrune
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 61168
  • Zip code of the municipality : 61600
  • Order in the communal list : 2
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 3 names :
    • mill
    • flour mill
    • weaving
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1867
  • Investigation : 1988
  • Date taken into account : 1990/07/11

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 8 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • coating
    • brick
    • partial coating
    • wood
    • metal
    • concrete
    • granite
    • aggregate concrete
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 5 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • sprocket cover
    • shed
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 4 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • glass cover
    • asbestos cement roofing
    • metal cover
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 4 type of floors in this manual :
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
    • fill in additional
    • stage base
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 9 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • court
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • office
    • shelter
    • parking
    • shed
    • drying room
    • transformer
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : plant plastic articles

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Lecherbonnier Yannick
  • Mérimée reference : IA00060980

The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Basse-Normandie13 bis, rue Saint-Ouen 14052 Caen Cedex - 04 02.31.38.39.30

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Rocker's est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.