High furnace, Foundry, French Heritage monument to Pontchardon
In the West of the Drums, one finds some rare Sandstone demountings outcrops during the tertiary Time. In the East of the Drums, these outcrops become numerous. They are associate has conglomerates has flint rollers, call Grison, and has sands and clays. These clays contain iron ores, exploit at the time Roman, taken again in the Middle Ages by the Barons fossiers and the Barons will make.
These exploitations and the forging mills which treated these ores are disappeared during the XVIII E century. They have gives rise to the metallurgical industry of the departments of the Eure and the Flowering ash, such as that of Pontchardon.
Source: Directory of the five departments of Normandy publishes by Association Norman 1834.
Ministry for the culture
The buildings date from the XIXe century, are partly closed down and built out of brick or side of wood hourdi of brick, has roofs has long sides or has croup. The workshops built in 1961 in ground floor, with hollow brick, wooden carpentry connect, has roof have long cement asbestos sides or have roofs has long sides and lantern, in industrial tile. The surface of the site represents 86000m ?, built surface is of 17000 m ?
- Blast furnace built in 1838 by Maillard on the site of a mill has paper
- regulate by royal decree of July 13, 1841
- produced in 1845 articles of household, machine elements and pipes
- production of the frame of the sewing machines singer from 1860
- construction of offices, caretaker's lodge, repair shop and of industrial stores about 1925
- construction of garages about 1932
- machine acquired by the company of the foundries and workshops of randonnai in 1961 and increased at the time of the transfer has Pontchardon of its workshops of Vitry, Nanterre and Gravigny
- current cloakrooms, showers and infirmary built in 1963
- new offices in 1973
- voluntary liquidation of the S.F.A.R. In 1980 and taken again factory by group PAMCO
- product monthly 1150 has 1200 tons of cast iron and 30 tons of bronze
- main customers, the Lyons one of the eaux.2 waterwheels in 1880
- installation of a turbine about 1925
- currently use thermal and electrical energy
- consume 3000 tons of cast iron of Lorraine and 8600 tons of scrap of the region.286 working in 1880
- approximately 100 workmen in 1886
- 50 workmen in 1910
- 280 workmen in 1987.Existence of funds of files
Source: Ministry for the culture.
Crédit photo : Aloïs ARTOIS (High furnace, Foundry, pontchardon)
High furnace, Foundry, Buildings of the 19th century partly disused brick or timber hourdi of brick, roofed long panels or rump; manufacturing workshops built in 1961 on the ground (...) High furnace, Foundry, French Heritage monument to Pontchardon pontchardon, orne
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by Aloïs ARTOIS :
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.