Castle of Seymiers, French Heritage monument to Fayet le chateau
The fief of Seymiers is called barony of 1584 in 1789. François-Gaspard de Montmorin did repair the feudal Castle and probably develop on the side of the latter the construction of classical order, to receive Louis XV in 1740. The Dungeon was redesigned in the 19th century 'troubadour' style. At the foot of the Tower from the 15th century is the castle of the 18th century ruined by a fire in 1927. It was formed of rectangular building extended by pavilions at the ends. The ground floor opens with a door that opens under an arch in arches which Doric pilasters support the entablature whose cornice is topped by a pediment interrupted upward, containing two medallions of the lion rampant of the Montmorin. Inside, remnants of the railing in wrought iron, carpentry, decoration stuccoed. Are also still visible, a Gothic fireplace and chimney earthenware decorated with lattice. Another fireplace porcelain of the 18th century was remployée in a room of the Dungeon.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Castle of Seymiers, fayet le chateau)
Castle of Seymiers, The fief of Seymiers is called barony of 1584 in 1789. François-Gaspard de Montmorin did repair the feudal Castle and probably develop on the side of the (...) Castle of Seymiers, French Heritage monument to Fayet le chateau fayet le chateau, puy de dome
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.