Church of Notre-Dame, French Heritage monument to Olliergues
Originally, it was a castle chapel given in 1225 to the Abbey of la Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Clermont. This Chapel, enlarged in the 15th century, then became parish church. The building, externally denatured, remains inside an example of architecture of the 14th (choir and two bays of the nave) and 15th centuries (collateral and West span of the nave), relatively rare in the region. The choir is composed of a rectangular span and a polygonal apse. It is vaulted six branches of warheads led to a broad Carter topped by a cavetto smaller on each side of the listel radiating from a large Keystone carved foliage and confined to a figure's head on the front. In the apse, a chamfered doorway allows communication with the sacristy. Capitals carved foliage, heads of animals or characters.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Church of Notre-Dame, Originally, it was a castle chapel given in 1225 to the Abbey of la Chaise-Dieu by the Bishop of Clermont. This Chapel, enlarged in the 15th century, then (...) Church of Notre-Dame, French Heritage monument to Olliergues olliergues, puy de dome
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.